Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've already posted these questions in other threads but I'm desperate for some advice so I'll try again :confused:

I´m an IB graduate applying for law with 43 points, 7-7-6 HL.

Swedish A1 HL 7
    English A2 HL 6
    Psychology HL 7
    World Cultures SL 7
    Biology SL 7
    Math Studies SL 6

From what I've read my points should be enough, but I'm a bit worried that my subjects may be seen as too "easy", especially the HL ones. Does it look like I've taken the easy way out? How picky are they about subjects?

I am also really unsure about what college to choose. I'm thinking Downing or Queen's. Since Downing is known for being the "law college", does that mean it's more difficult to get in? I mean, since there should be more people applying there for law.

ReputationRep:
    I've no idea regarding IB grades but as for college choice it won't make much difference to your chances of getting accepted.
    Downing has a high reputation for law so there may be more competition, but if the college think you're good enough for Cambridge but don't have space themselves they can use the 'pool', allowing other colleges to compare you with other applicants and fill any spaces they have.

ReputationRep:
    So I've decided to go for Queens'. Considered Girton as well, but was put off by the location, as I'm sure many people are.

But what about my subjects? No IB people in here (or anyone else) who have any idea?

ReputationRep:
    I can't find the specifics for Law, but Cambridge say their IB entry requirements range from 766-777, and I'm guessing for a competitive subject like Law your looking at the top end.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I knew that 6 in English would come back to haunt me :P

The only specifics I've seen is that Downing asks for 20p HL and Selwyn asks for 766 or 776. Both ask for 39 overall. But, obviously, these are only minimum requirements.

Does anyone know of any specific law offers for IB students?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.