Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone I liked very much programme - MA in Advertising and Marketing at Leeds. Does anyone could help with some information about how good this programme is? I don't have much information about UK Universities as my back is from my home country but I'd appreciate any helpful answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caramele)
    Hi everyone I liked very much programme - MA in Advertising and Marketing at Leeds. Does anyone could help with some information about how good this programme is? I don't have much information about UK Universities as my back is from my home country but I'd appreciate any helpful answer
    I'm not being funny, but are you a British person trolling (talking like Borat)? 'This is my grandma in old country...she oldest woman in Almaty, she 35.' If this isn't the case, then I would recommend you thoroughly scour the prospectus on the website, see if the programme is accredited (though this ought not to be the deciding factor), and check graduate destinations. I take it you want to work in advertising and marketing? Also, sorry to sound harsh, but you will need to work on your written English big time if you want to pass the necessary language pre requisites for UK study. But good luck.

ReputationRep:
    1. I've never claimed that my English is perfect

2. Your post would have been really useful for me if you had any information about what I'm asking

3. Thanks for your "help" anyway

ReputationRep:
    Leeds itself is a very good university so I've hearrd and has a good reputation. so judging form that I'm sure the course is good!

Although I do hope you do start to improve your english a little a more. which I'm sure you will because my friend moved to the UK when he was 21 and went to uni, his english wasn't very good but after 6 months his english was very very good and after 1 year he had learnt to understand english jokes, accents etc.

Good luck with everything.

ReputationRep:
    I agree, advertising and marketing is all about fluent, snappy English, playing with words, convincing in either writing or speech. I don't see how you can hope to do either atm if that is the standard of your English. This isn't meant to insult you, just be a realistic heads-up, as I also think Nyet intended, to alert you to the fact that studying such a programme in English may require skills that you yourself admit you don't have, but sadly will need.

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.