The Student Room Group

Predicted Grades (Urgent)

I am applying this year to university and my referee was not able to give predicted grades. So my question is can I send my application without them and send them to a university in other way ?. Or not having them in my application will led me to a direct rejection.

Also if I have to send it in another way, I have to send them before June 15 or the Universities will give me a date?

Thanks for helping me.
Original post by I2222
I am applying this year to university and my referee was not able to give predicted grades. So my question is can I send my application without them and send them to a university in other way ?. Or not having them in my application will led me to a direct rejection.

Also if I have to send it in another way, I have to send them before June 15 or the Universities will give me a date?

Thanks for helping me.

Yes you can send the app off without predictions.

If they are needed by your choices, the uni’s will contact you to ask for them.

In theory they could reject you without them, but in the vast majority of cases they will just ask as it is fairly common for applications to be incomplete and it may not be the fault of the student.

If they ask, they will set their own deadline.
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
Yes you can send the app off without predictions.

If they are needed by your choices, the uni’s will contact you to ask for them.

In theory they could reject you without them, but in the vast majority of cases they will just ask as it is fairly common for applications to be incomplete and it may not be the fault of the student.

If they ask, they will set their own deadline.

Thank you so much for replying so quickly you made my day. I am more calm now.
Original post by I2222
Thank you so much for replying so quickly you made my day. I am more calm now.

No problem. Re-reading your original post, do you have another member of staff who can provide predictions if required? Uni’s will not accept them from you.
Original post by I2222
Yes I have. My idea as I am an international students and I am doing 8 subjects ( each one with different teachers). I will ask every teacher for a prediction grade and then ask my tutor or maybe my referee to send them to the university. Is that possible ?

Your teachers should be giving predictions to your referee - you mustn't do that.
Original post by I2222
Yes I have. My idea as I am an international students and I am doing 8 subjects ( each one with different teachers). I will ask every teacher for a prediction grade and then ask my tutor or maybe my referee to send them to the university. Is that possible ?

Yes, but they should have collated that info and included it with their reference and input it into you pending qualifications already. It’s a very backward way of doing it.

NB. There are a small number of uni’s that will not accept info provided outside of UCAS. It is my assumption that they would still ask for missing info, but it is technically at their discretion. I would try and get them included with your app in the first instance if that is possible.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by I2222
So instead of given them to me just giving them to my referee and then he will send them to the university ?

It's usual for a referre to collect predictions when each teacher wtites a short part of your reference [the referee collates these]. Has your referee not spoken to your teachers?
Reply 7
Original post by Admit-One
Yes, but they should have collated that info and included it with their reference and I put it into you pending qualifications already. It’s a very backward way of doing it.

NB. There are a small number of uni’s that will not accept info provided outside of UCAS. It is my assumption that they would still ask for missing info, but it is technically at their discretion. I would try and get them included with your app in the first instance if that is possible.

So my referee should re do the application or can he edit ir before I send it? I am so confuse right now (Because in my county we dońt have them and as I said I have 8 subjects and none of my teacher now something about applying to the UK) . I also have contact the universities and I have seen that for example Edinburgh allow it I think. Thanks for replying and being so helpful
Original post by I2222
Yes he has but they suppose I will have a good mark and they just avoid sending qualifications as the final mark is given in June and everything can change. (To give you more information my qualification is based in two years the first one I get 9,4/10 overall and is not common as I said to give predicted grades here , and also most of my teachers started giving me class this year so they do not know me at all.) Thanks for replying and for your help.

Surely they know enough - this is no different to the UK where we 'guess' the final grade on thw work done in Year 12 when the final exam is in Year 13.

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/applying-university/how-get-ucas-undergraduate-reference

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending