The Student Room Group

hsbc work experience

Hi. I am applying to their work experience program, does anyone know if submitting a cover letter and/or letter of recommendation will be helpful to my application?

Any help will be much appreciated :-)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by machau
Hi. I am applying to their work experience program, does anyone know if submitting a cover letter and/or letter of recommendation will be helpful to my application?

Any help will be much appreciated :-)

Hi, I am applying for the 2021 HSBC work experience too. From previous threads, it seems like you only need a CV with no cover letter. but that could have changed. and with the phone interview, they usually ask 2 questions

some examples are;
knowledge of HSBC values
A time you showed resilience
A time you work collaboratively
A time when you made a difficult decision
A time you helped somebody

I hope this helps x
Reply 2
Original post by rossellaz0001
Hi, I am applying for the 2021 HSBC work experience too. From previous threads, it seems like you only need a CV with no cover letter. but that could have changed. and with the phone interview, they usually ask 2 questions

some examples are;
knowledge of HSBC values
A time you showed resilience
A time you work collaboratively
A time when you made a difficult decision
A time you helped somebody

I hope this helps x

oh okay I will just send my CV in then, thank you for the interview tip :smile:
Does anyone know if there still going ahead due to COVID?
Has anybody gotten any replies yet?I submitted my application and done the online assessment two weeks ago and I’m starting to get worried.
Go no replies don’t think we will till middle of feb earliest
Reply 6
Original post by Nothanks22
Has anybody gotten any replies yet?I submitted my application and done the online assessment two weeks ago and I’m starting to get worried.

hi, I have applied and got offered an interview.
Original post by Cdot15
hi, I have applied and got offered an interview.

Already?
can u fail the online test?:biggrin:
because I swear all the options were good and to do with their values so i don't get why they had the multiple-choice questions????
Reply 9
Original post by Adannaya06
Already?

yeah I applied around 30th of December that's why
Focus on skills. Include examples as well.
Reply 11
When will we hear back? What are the chances like?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by MH50
When will we hear back? What are the chances like?

idk, i did mine quite late like the start of feb, when did u apply? also what year are u in? :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by hello987165
idk, i did mine quite late like the start of feb, when did u apply? also what year are u in? :smile:

I'm in year 10, and I applied at the beginning of Jan
Original post by Nothanks22

I had a phone Interview a few days ago
Original post by Adannaya06
Already?

I had an interview a few days ago too
Reply 16
Original post by Tashax2
I had an interview a few days ago too

How did it go?
Original post by MH50
How did it go?

I think it went okay I answered everything to the best I could , wbu ? Do you know when we hear back ?
Reply 18
Original post by Tashax2
I think it went okay I answered everything to the best I could , wbu ? Do you know when we hear back ?

I don't know when we hear back, as I haven't yet had an interview. What were the questions like? How did you receive the invitation?
Original post by MH50
I don't know when we hear back, as I haven't yet had an interview. What were the questions like? How did you receive the invitation?

Oh okay , I think on the phone she either said within 5 working days or in March I don’t remember, I received an email asking me to schedule one, and the questions were based on HSBC’s values and experiences that relate to them

Quick Reply

Latest