Amsterdam in winter Watch

Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hey there, currently in the process of planning a few days away with some friends for my 21st, and everyone would quite like to go to Amsterdam. I was just wondering if people would still recommend we go in the depths of winter (sometime between 26th and 30th of december) Im assuming there will still be plenty to do, it will just be rather cold with short days etc.

And more in general, if people have any hotel recommendations, days out etc

Thanks

Craig
Colbert
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I went on a short break there a few weeks ago, and I wouldn't imagine it being any less of an experience in winter as it would be in summer. The weather was largely as you would expect in England, maybe slightly warmer.

However on the dates you're looking at, I doubt everything would be open during the Christmas period?
swingin_yoyo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I live in Holland so....YES GOOO! Definitely, in winter it will be uber cold but that's fine, there is ice skating everywhere and bikes, and the red light district and concerts and everything, I would say there is MORE to offer in the winter
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
A good point regarding things being open.

(Original post by swingin_yoyo)
I live in Holland so....YES GOOO! Definitely, in winter it will be uber cold but that's fine, there is ice skating everywhere and bikes, and the red light district and concerts and everything, I would say there is MORE to offer in the winter
What is it like in Holland regarding things being open after christmas?

Thanks
swingin_yoyo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hmmm well, Holland does tend to completely shut down on religious days, so I would imagine it would take a couple of days to get going again but then after that It would be fine, if your there for New Years there is this thing called the New Years Dive where everyone jumps into the ocean (North Sea) at 12 noon, done it before it was FREEZING! but veryyyyy fun
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

I LOVE a Black Friday deal (274)
45.21%
Nah, Black Friday is pointless (179)
29.54%
I don't have an opinion (153)
25.25%

Watched Threads