The Student Room Group

getting my grades up

as the new year begins, i want to start getting my grades up. how could i do this? what tips do people have? how can i stay motivated? how can i get into a habit of revising?
Hi! Motivation-wise I can't really help you as I'm not too motivated myself and it's also a personal development.

But doing maybe 10 mins revision everyday even for each subject can REALLY help! Just flicking through your notes and searching up anything you missed in class is SO helpful.
Also, asking questions in and out of class!! If your even SLIGHTLY unsure about something - put your hand up and ask the teacher to explain again!! If you're very shy, it can be really nerve-racking at first but gradually speaking more can improve your confidence and get your grades up as the teacher will notice you more.
If you feel TOO intimidated at first - try asking at the end of the lesson!!

In the sense of HOW can you get into a habit of revising? Set a timer for yourself!! Try your best to follow a loose schedule so you don't feel put down by it, but you also never stay unproductive.

Another huge thing is being HEALTHY!!
As hard as it might seem, having the right diet and consistent exercise keeps your body healthy and your mind relaxed. Try doing 10 mins of hard-core exercise everyday and then a 10 mins bath or shower, about an hour before bed everyday.

I also find meditation extremely relaxing after doing a lot of intense brain-training and homework. But it doesn't work for all people so find your own personal strategy.

Hope this helps!
xXx
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
thank you so much, this is so helpful
Original post by kelsiex
thank you so much, this is so helpful

No problem! Let me know if you need anything else!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending