A level Maths

Watch this thread
TrES2b
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
i am very confused on what steps were taken to achieve this graph
TrES2b
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
(Original post by summer044)
i am very confused on what steps were taken to achieve this graph
so the transformation is f(x^3 + 2) and the orginal graph was f(x^3) i know this reprsenting a shift in the graph to the left
TrES2b
Rep:
so the transformation is f(x^3 + 2) and the orginal graph was f(x^3) i know this reprsenting a shift in the graph to the left
but where this -3 root 2 come from?
vidi2020
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
BRUHH I just finished this chapter at school and I don't get it either.
my teacher doesn't explain properly so I'm hella confused
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
but where this -3 root 2 come from?
If y= 0

X is -3 root 2
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Because you want to see where it crosses the x axis

So

x^3 + 2 = 0

Rearrange to find x
TrES2b
Rep:
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
Because you want to see where it crosses the x axis

So

x^3 + 2 = 0

Rearrange to find x
ohhhhhh thank you very much i was so lost

they have put the (-) symbol outside the root 3 because it is not possible to have the square root of a negative number right?
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
ohhhhhh thank you very much i was so lost

they have put the (-) symbol outside the root 3 because it is not possible to have the square root of a negative number right?
Yh
TrES2b
Rep:
(Original post by vidi2020)
BRUHH I just finished this chapter at school and I don't get it either.
my teacher doesn't explain properly so I'm hella confused
neither does mine, can't decide whether he's just a bad teacher or under bad circumstances. but i am glad to know i am not alone in this 😩

but trust me if we work hard we can overcome the terrible circumstances
TrES2b
Rep:
Yh
tyyyy
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
tyyyy
Np
vidi2020
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
neither does mine, can't decide whether he's just a bad teacher or under bad circumstances. but i am glad to know i am not alone in this 😩

but trust me if we work hard we can overcome the terrible circumstances
My teacher just doesn't explain everything she just expects us to know and moves through quickly.
I told my teacher i wasn't understanding the class and she just gave emailed powerpoints she uses in lessons like that's not rlly solving the problem lmao. So I have to teach myself the whole chapter now in the holidays LOVE THAT FOR ME .

yess we'll get through this!!
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
My teacher just doesn't explain everything she just expects us to know and moves through quickly.
I told my teacher i wasn't understanding the class and she just gave emailed powerpoints she uses in lessons like that's not rlly solving the problem lmao. So I have to teach myself the whole chapter now in the holidays LOVE THAT FOR ME .

Wait you use PowerPoint slides for maths?

We don’t :s
Pangol
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I made some videos about this topic a few years back which you might find helpful. I should warn you, I do this in a bit of a non-standard way, but I think it's easier to understand and remember.

TrES2b
Rep:

I am in the exact same boat as you my teacher literally doesn't know what he's doing we have to correct him half the time

I can recommend Corbett maths, Hegarty maths and khan academy youtube channels have been really helpful for me.

also, the support of other people on this website is so helpful
TrES2b
Rep:

my teacher uses the same powerpoint since the school opened in 2006

i think math is one of those subjects you need to practice until you can do it in your sleep so it should be worksheet based
TrES2b
Rep:
(Original post by Pangol)
I made some videos about this topic a few years back which you might find helpful. I should warn you, I do this in a bit of a non-standard way, but I think it's easier to understand and remember.

thank you! i am going to watch this right now if i have any confusion i will let you know tysm
vidi2020
Rep:
Report 1 year ago

Yeah lol we use dr frost. Its not that helpful tho unless your teacher explain the slides
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Yeah lol we use dr frost. Its not that helpful tho unless your teacher explain the slides
That’s good, my teacher just explains the book pages verbally to us
vidi2020
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I am in the exact same boat as you my teacher literally doesn't know what he's doing we have to correct him half the time

I can recommend Corbett maths, Hegarty maths and khan academy youtube channels have been really helpful for me.

also, the support of other people on this website is so helpful
Same!!
OH thank you!! I will check them out.
Same i love this website ppl just explain stuff better on here than my teacher can hahah
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (16)
28.57%
Take a gap year (14)
25%
Resit my exams (9)
16.07%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (7)
12.5%
I don't know yet (7)
12.5%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
5.36%

Watched Threads