which uni offer shall I accept

Watch this thread
anonymous94586
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I want to study psychology at uni and go into the field of clinical psychology, maybe eventually neuropsychology.I'm not sure whether I should accept conditional places for Msci clincial psychology courses from Uni of Plymouth and Uni of Reading or an unconditional from ARU bsc psychology with clinical psychology with a work placement. Or maybe pick one of the conditional offers and have the unconditional as an insurance choice? I thought that doing an msci would be the better option to kickstart my career?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by anonymous94586)
I want to study psychology at uni and go into the field of clinical psychology, maybe eventually neuropsychology.I'm not sure whether I should accept conditional places for Msci clincial psychology courses from Uni of Plymouth and Uni of Reading or an unconditional from ARU bsc psychology with clinical psychology with a work placement. Or maybe pick one of the conditional offers and have the unconditional as an insurance choice? I thought that doing an msci would be the better option to kickstart my career?
Ask each university how many graduates they have going on to dclinpsy doctorates.
anonymous94586
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by PQ)
Ask each university how many graduates they have going on to dclinpsy doctorates.
I wouldn't have thought it would be very many as most dclinpsy doctorate courses require work experience not including undergraduate placements? I was wondering which degree is better to be able to gain experience after to get onto a dclinpsy course.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I wouldn't have thought it would be very many as most dclinpsy doctorate courses require work experience not including undergraduate placements? I was wondering which degree is better to be able to gain experience after to get onto a dclinpsy course.
They might be in contact with their alumni. No harm in asking the question.

You can also ask the employers and dclin course providers for their advice on what they are looking for from applicants.
UniofReading
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hey anonymous94586,

Whilst I personally don't study psychology, I've found some information about the course for you!

Completing the MSci rather than the BSci allows you to work as a Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner (PWP) within the NHS. They work with clients who have mild to moderate depression/anxiety disorder and are able to do short-evidence based interventions. The degree is also accredited by the British Psychological Society. Throughout the degree, there are lots of ways to get involved, gain practical experience and run your own experiments. In the past, a number of projects have won awards from the BPS and the British Neuroscience Association. Completing this degree would be a great foundation if you wanted to become a psychologist.

I can see that you're interested in perhaps completing a dclinpsy doctorate. You can see the range of PhD opportunities here: https://www.reading.ac.uk/pcls/phd/phd-opportunities

Stephanie on unibuddy is currently in her 2nd year of studying MSc Applied Clinical Psychology. You can speak to her to ask her more specifically about what study MSc in Applied Clinical Psychology is like. Here you can find her profile: https://api.unibuddy.co/og/universit...Position=share

Hope this helps and let us know if you have any other questions!
From,

Amina 😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (124)
38.51%
The paper was reasonable (154)
47.83%
Not feeling great about that exam... (30)
9.32%
It was TERRIBLE (14)
4.35%

Watched Threads