Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So, in year 9, I had a choice between art, music and drama, was bad at all three, so i thought drama would be my best option because i know if i take it seriously i'll do well.

In year 10, drama teachers said that year 10 CW was just a draft of year 11. Now they're saying both years count. I only did like 35% of my year 10 cw to a poor standard :/

I had to ask teachers to find this out.. Every little performance we did in year 10 was marked and counts towards our final grade.. they didnt tell us this, so effectively, even the hard workers wouldnt be able to get the grade they deserve, not forgettign the fact that u need 97% for drama to get A*

So I started year 11 on a positive note, tried my hardest and completed all courseworks so far, every performance i tried my best.. But im worried my year 10 would screw up my chances off getting B or more the subject.

Before I started year 11, I wanted to get all 10 GCSE grades B, A or A*.. Are my chances now destroyed?

P.S. Both my drama teachers hate my ass

ReputationRep:
    Best thing is to try your hardest to get the best grade you can. Teachers are not allowed to have faourites and are not to mark you down. See if you can re do any course work and if you cant work hard at your mocks/exams and what other course work you get and try to get good grades there.

Dont try to kill yourself by getting A*'s and A's. Just do your best that you can.

ReputationRep:
    Keep your chin up!

You can do it!

ReputationRep:
    that made me ROFL ...

nice one :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sapphire_Eyes)
    Best thing is to try your hardest to get the best grade you can. Teachers are not allowed to have faourites and are not to mark you down. See if you can re do any course work and if you cant work hard at your mocks/exams and what other course work you get and try to get good grades there.

Dont try to kill yourself by getting A*'s and A's. Just do your best that you can.
    Yeah but i took 4 GCSE's year 10.. maths, arabic, ict and science.. A* Maths, A* arabic, A* ICT, A science.. I wanna get into the more competitive uni's when im older, so im trying to get everything A and A* :< I want B minimum for drama, if i dont get it, i'll personally fart on my teachers eye

ReputationRep:
    OP if you're doing edexcel don't get your hopes up - people who were predicted As got Ds - no-one in my class got higher than a B - i wasn't too bothered with me B though...but if you want an A or A* don't see drama as a doss subject - act like you've never acted before and be warned you're being assessed in class as well the exam performance so every lesson counts...omg and coursework - work your BUTT off - use drama terms and whatnot, after every performance you do write notes as you'll need 'em.

guten gluek (or is it gleuk?)!

ReputationRep:
    thx sylar.. like the motivation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the__billy)
    Keep your chin up!

You can do it!
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOL

ReputationRep:
    Just work hard and do your best

I'm in year 11 at the moment doing drama as well. I'm expected an A but in year 10 I got a C and a C+ for 2 small performances. Although, at the end of the year I really tried a lot more and achieved a B. So this year I'm going to try my hardest and achieve that A :yep:

My teacher doesn't hate me but I'm not one of her favourites.
    There's a girl in my class who is such a suck up so the teacher really likes her. For all her performances from year 10 she's got A's I think, and no one in our class can understand why because her acting is awful and all she watches is disney channel stuff still which she gets her ideas from. Really annoying

But then I think, when we have the moderator in, she really can't suck up to her. And the moderator won't know you so they won't hate you which can't bring your mark down.

Good luck and don't let it bring you down

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.