Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i do Economics and Statistics at UCL, and will be going into my 2nd year. However, i am really not enjoying the course, i find it quite dry and there really is no room for flexiblily...we have very little optional modules and stuff. So i was thinking of transfering to 2nd yr LSE. I did the International Bac and got a total of 40 IB points (I did HL Chem, HL Math, HL English, HL Buisness, SL Physics and SL French)...i will be predicted either a 2.1 or 1st from uni. Do u guys think i have a chance of getting in...(i am thinking accounting and fin would be best to apply to). Also does anyone have any advice on how to go about it, in terms of personal statement etc.

thanks a lot

ReputationRep:
    well we did EconB (micro and macro), mathematical methods (lots of matrices calculus, linear algebra), Stats and an outside option
    i guess if you got the core modules i dont see why not, but you left it really late to be thinking about it now, you should have asked during your first year. the school is crowded as it is lol

they *may* make you start from the begining...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abercrombie&Fitch)
    well we did EconB (micro and macro), mathematical methods (lots of matrices calculus, linear algebra), Stats and an outside option
    i guess if you got the core modules i dont see why not, but you left it really late to be thinking about it now, you should have asked during your first year. the school is crowded as it is lol

they *may* make you start from the begining...
    i would be applying for 2009 entry into 2nd yr (which means i waste a yr, but i guess it would be worth it). Are the above modules for finance and accouting or pure econ? I pretty much covered all that (prob more math and stats though) in the first yr.
    Is 2nd yr transfer common or is it something they only day for insanely expetional students

ReputationRep:
    well im not too sure, but i think last year someone transferred. the modules are for pure econ. for accounting and finance you can do those modules OR easier math and stats modules.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it is common. I think you should e-mail them and ask about transferring because it is highly possible they will make you start from 1st year.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 25, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.