Hannah2005
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
hi my names hannah and i am struggling with maths.
my dream is to study ppe at ucl, but the required grade is an A*
at further maths.
i know i should stop worrying about that when i'm only in year 10, but i feel that my lack of skill at maths is going to make me suffer a lot.
i'm currently on route for taking the foundation mathematics paper, and last time i checked i could be getting a 4, which is a pass, but then i could not take a level maths, or even get into ucl.
so if anyone could help me by giving me study tips or even how to get better at maths it would REALLY help! thank you!
m1n3rv4119
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Hannah2005)
at further maths.
i know i should stop worrying about that when i'm only in year 10, but i feel that my lack of skill at maths is going to make me suffer a lot.
i'm currently on route for taking the foundation mathematics paper, and last time i checked i could be getting a 4, which is a pass, but then i could not take a level maths, or even get into ucl.
so if anyone could help me by giving me study tips or even how to get better at maths it would REALLY help! thank you!
hey is there a particular area of maths you struggle with specificially?
Hannah2005
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by m1n3rv4119)
hey is there a particular area of maths you struggle with specificially?
definitely algebra and fractions
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
It's not an A* in further maths that you need, just regular maths A-level
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
definitely algebra and fractions
Try these resources: https://www.missbsresources.com/teac...mathspassports

Make sure you go to help sessions
Noahdennis
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hey! I am currently in Y10 too and going to do higher - I got 7 in my last mock.

Here's what I do...
Firstly for every subject, I organise my time studying 4 subjects each 2 weeks. 2 of these are RS and PE (My Options, I took Music In Y9) and the other 2 are either: English Lit, English Lang, Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Spanish and Computer Science.

When I have Maths, I mainly use the textbook and work through each topic, so I know it well.

Then, I will note down that I have done this topic, so I know to do others before revising it again!

I also use Mathswatch, Seneca, and spend time each 2 months doing a past paper.
I would also advise you read the mark scheme for some papers... Knowing this will help you know what the examiners want to see, and should help you pick up a few more marks
whyimihere
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Noahdennis)
Hey! I am currently in Y10 too and going to do higher - I got 7 in my last mock.

Here's what I do...
Firstly for every subject, I organise my time studying 4 subjects each 2 weeks. 2 of these are RS and PE (My Options, I took Music In Y9) and the other 2 are either: English Lit, English Lang, Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Spanish and Computer Science.

When I have Maths, I mainly use the textbook and work through each topic, so I know it well.

Then, I will note down that I have done this topic, so I know to do others before revising it again!

I also use Mathswatch, Seneca, and spend time each 2 months doing a past paper.
I would also advise you read the mark scheme for some papers... Knowing this will help you know what the examiners want to see, and should help you pick up a few more marks
you're in year 10 and already doing mocks? congrats but which exam board do you use for maths aha
mariebee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
at further maths.
Hi Hannah

Try these videos from Minity Maths...they cover GCSE topics and are easy to understand.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCip...yj5NNCLjPFZBww

Hope this helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (19)
7.54%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
15.08%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (45)
17.86%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (36)
14.29%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (67)
26.59%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
18.65%

Watched Threads