The Student Room Group

opinions on sixth forms in east london?

i'm in year 11 and i'm not sure where i want to go for sixth form. my current secondary school has a sixth form, but i'd really like a fresh start so i've been thinking about going to either leyton sixth form or newham sixth form, and i want to study english lit, film studies, and philosophy or religious studies for a-levels. i'd really appreciate hearing opinions on these sixth forms, or recommendations for good ones in the area :smile:
Original post by neokoo
i'm in year 11 and i'm not sure where i want to go for sixth form. my current secondary school has a sixth form, but i'd really like a fresh start so i've been thinking about going to either leyton sixth form or newham sixth form, and i want to study english lit, film studies, and philosophy or religious studies for a-levels. i'd really appreciate hearing opinions on these sixth forms, or recommendations for good ones in the area :smile:

best ones are Brampton Manor, NCS or LAE in East London
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by jumpman123
best ones are Brampton Manor, NCS or LAE in East London

i've kinda been interested in those because people say i get good grades and i've heard how good they are but none of them offer film as far as i'm aware 😭 but maybe i could study psychology instead since i like that too. thanks for the advice!
Reply 3
bump :biggrin:
Im applying to Brampton and LAE im in year 11 too!
im thinking of applying there too but the entry requirements are quite high lmaoo. ill try tho :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by MarlianNami
Im applying to Brampton and LAE im in year 11 too!

omg good luck!! :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by roaetta104
im thinking of applying there too but the entry requirements are quite high lmaoo. ill try tho :smile:

ah good luck with it! i believe in youuu
Good luck to you tooo guys x
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by neokoo

oaks park, beal, seven kings are all okay
(edited 3 years ago)
oaks park, beal, seven kings, st edwards academy are all okay

oaks park is deffo not as good as the others you stated, also if OP is going for leyton/newvic then those are quite far.
oaks park is deffo not as good as the others you stated, also if OP is going for leyton/newvic then those are quite far.

Oh really! I thought oaks was good cuz it has ofsted outstanding? Whats bad about it
Tbh i chose to go to sixth form in North london bcs the sixth forms around me are pretty bad (and no i cant go brampton manor, NCS, seven kings..they are way too far for me in terms of distance and journey compared to the sixth form i go to)
Oh really! I thought oaks was good cuz it has ofsted outstanding? Whats bad about it

Oaks Park is Ofsted good and it's not bad it's just not as good as the others

i got to oaks park school currently, and I'm not staying for sixth form, the teachers aren't good, they don't push you and really don't care about you, half of them are crap and I honestly don't know how i managed to stay put for gcses, with these horrible teachers...don't go there.
Opinions? Learn some Urdu.
I applied to Leyton sixth form college in east London. I think it’s a decent school but I really want to go to woodhouse college in north London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending