What other subjects is psychology like?

Watch
randomuser:)
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I'm thinking about starting it in 6th form but not entirely sure if I'll be able to do it. Which GCSE subjects do you think it helps getting a good grade in? (eg English, biology, etc)
-H :)
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 months ago
There is quite a bit of writing involved in long answer questions like 16 markers, which generally involves 6 marks of knowledge and 10 marks of evaluation, so having good writing skills is helpful - but you kinda learn the technique for them as you go along the course. There is an aspect of Biology to it too like the nervous system which is done at GCSE a bit, but most of it like the brain and bio psychology is knew. There can also be some maths questions to do with statistics in the exams but it’s nothing too intensive. Good luck!
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
i didnt do psychology at gcse, did it at a level and found it my easiest subject. your essay writing skills need to be pretty good but you'll have plenty of time to practice your exam technique when you start your a-level subjects properly. getting a good grade in gcse bio might help but not massively. just try your best at all your gcse subjects
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (18)
8.29%
Okay (64)
29.49%
A bit lacking (81)
37.33%
Not good at all (54)
24.88%

Watched Threads