Want more information about this university?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Has anyone applied for the fashion business courses in uom? Does anyone know whether the courses are competitive? I currently have predicted grades of ABC but the offer for the course is AAB... I think my personal statement is really good...but idk if they’re going to be lenient with the grades. I definetly think that I could achieve ABB tho but my school is pretty strict with predicted grades.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
Has anyone applied for the fashion business courses in uom? Does anyone know whether the courses are competitive? I currently have predicted grades of ABC but the offer for the course is AAB... I think my personal statement is really good...but idk if they’re going to be lenient with the grades. I definetly think that I could achieve ABB tho but my school is pretty strict with predicted grades.
Also, I’m an international student and I heard that that international applicants are more attractive to universities so I hope that is a factor that they take into account as well...
Emily12003
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’ve applied to do fashion marketing at UOM! I applied a week of two ago just waiting for an offer (hopefully)! I’m really nervous if I have to do an interview
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Emily12003)
I’ve applied to do fashion marketing at UOM! I applied a week of two ago just waiting for an offer (hopefully)! I’m really nervous if I have to do an interview
What are ur predicted grades? I hope I get an offer but I don’t meet the requirements
Anonymous #1
What other universities did u apply to?
Emily12003
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Manchester met, UAL, Leeds and York St John Wbu
Emily12003
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What are ur predicted grades? I hope I get an offer but I don’t meet the requirements

I’ve been predicted AAA but I don’t think I’ll get those grades
tipexmaster25
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Why did I think this was gonna be a thread where people were posting their outfits for going to UoM 😭
Anonymous #1
Manchester met, UAL, Leeds and York St John Wbu
Leeds, Liverpool, Brunel, Exeter
Anonymous #1
I’ve been predicted AAA but I don’t think I’ll get those grades
Lucky u! I have predicted ABC but I do know tht I can get better grades
Emily12003
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Lucky u! I have predicted ABC but I do know tht I can get better grades
I’m sure u will do great! I don’t think fashion courses are very competitive so they’re hopefully more lenient
Anonymous #1
I’m sure u will do great! I don’t think fashion courses are very competitive so they’re hopefully more lenient
Yea I’m hoping that it isn’t too competitive. I think it was in clearing last year. I just hope I get an offer cuz I really like the course in Manchester
Anonymous #1
Do yk anyone who’s got an offer for any fashion courses in Manchester yet?
Emily12003
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yea I’m hoping that it isn’t too competitive. I think it was in clearing last year. I just hope I get an offer cuz I really like the course in Manchester
Me too Manchester is definitely my top choice
Emily12003
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do yk anyone who’s got an offer for any fashion courses in Manchester yet?
Nope I’ve been trying to find people on here but this is the first post I’ve seen for fashion at UOM
Anonymous #1
Nope I’ve been trying to find people on here but this is the first post I’ve seen for fashion at UOM
Sameee that’s why I don’t think the course is that competitive
Anonymous #1
anyways how did u approach the personal statement?
Emily12003
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
anyways how did u approach the personal statement?
Honestly idk if my personal statement was that good haha, I just kinda wrote about why I’m interested in the course, how my a levels and work experience have helped me gain the skills necessary for the course and stuff like that. Wbu
Anonymous #1
Honestly idk if my personal statement was that good haha, I just kinda wrote about why I’m interested in the course, how my a levels and work experience have helped me gain the skills necessary for the course and stuff like that. Wbu
Yea same but I think my personal statement is pretty gd so hopefully they consider me
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
If your predicted grades don’t match or exceed the minimum entry requirements you are likely looking at an automatic rejection, regardless of whether you’re an international applicant or how good you believe your personal statement is.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (405)
52.26%
No (370)
47.74%

Watched Threads