Accommodation question Watch

Corleone_bird
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I received an accommodation offer and it says they offer me a room in John Foster Hall, The Coppice.. It’s not a bedsit, just a normal en-suite, but how is it different from a room in John Foster? I am sorry if I am asking it again, but I couldn’t find an answer in accommodation thread.
sweetfloss
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Basically the Coppice is a bit older than the pavilions. That's about it, I think...
Tomber
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Corleone_bird)
I received an accommodation offer yesterday (finally) and it says they offer me a room in John Foster Hall, The Coppice.. It’s not a bedsit, just a normal en-suite, but how is it different from a room in John Foster? I am sorry if I am asking it again, but I couldn’t find an answer in accommodation thread.
Ooh, the Coppice rooms are nice now, I've just been there. The rooms are all really nice and have recently been done up. The only bad thing about it is the bizarre magnetically locked doors which don't open - you'll see what I mean when you arrive.

And the two Coppice sub-wardens are great
Corleone_bird
thank you..=) magnetically locked doors? hmmm.. it scares a little
Tomber
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
thank you..=) magnetically locked doors? hmmm.. it scares a little
Haha, they're less scary, more incredibly stupid. :p:
snail_87
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Coppice has been done up so it is quite nice at the moment, and the kitchens are all nice and new. The en suite rooms have little 'pod' bathrooms which is a toilet shower and sink all in one little cupboard/room off the main bedroom. If you are lucky it will be a proper bathroom but most have these pods. Which flat are you in?

I worked at John Foster as a housekeeper over summer so visited Coppice a lot. The only difference between Coppice and JF is that JF mainly has very brand new blocks which are all en suite. Coppice (like Beeches, Wighton, Treroose, Spinney) is an older house which has been renovated to become student accomodation, and i think was part of the original Villiers site before it became JF.
Corleone_bird
Mine is flat 14, 1st floor.. Is the toiltet very tiny?
Thank you for information, it is very useful..=)
snail_87
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Mine is flat 14, 1st floor.. Is the toiltet very tiny?
Thank you for information, it is very useful..=)
If i remember rightly flat 14 has proper bathrooms rather than pods. Don't quote me on this though, i just seem to remember at least one of the rooms in that flat having a proper bathroom 'cos i cleaned it. The pods are quite tiny- small enough to sit on the toilet and put your feet in the shower while you sit on it. But they are pretty cool and at least you have your own bathroom.

You will have problems with the magnetic doors, when we were going from one flat to the other we used to get stuck in 14, hehe! Well we didn't get stuck- but Coppice has two main entrances and the magnetic doors split the main building in half. It just meant we would have had to go out one door, walk around, and go in the other. Not a problem for students in one flat at a time, but when you are cleaning going from one flat to the next it becomes a pain in the arse.
LawYah
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You got John Foster :shock: luckyyy
Corleone_bird
thank you,snail_87.. i will try to deal with the door somehow..=)
LawYah, I have no idea how it happened.. really lucky=)
QI Elf
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm just double checking that in catered ensuite you dont need a douvet/ pillows/ sheets etc?
Tomber
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by QI Elf)
I'm just double checking that in catered ensuite you dont need a douvet/ pillows/ sheets etc?
You don't need them, as they are provided, but it's a damn sight nicer to have your own...
snail_87
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tomber)
You don't need them, as they are provided, but it's a damn sight nicer to have your own...
Yeh, trust me, i've seen enough of them- they are a bit minging. Bring your own.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (184)
80.35%
Leave (45)
19.65%

Watched Threads