iDEA bronze award

Watch this thread
username4942066
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi all

I started my iDEA bronze award last week and am currently on 200 points. I was just wondering if anyone else had done the award and how long it took them? Thx for your help
ScoutLeopard
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Hi! I did the bronze award about a year and a half ago and I think it took me about two-ish months but that was because I was doing other things at the same time and it wasn't my top priority. Ask me if you need any help - I'm an A-level CS student who's done both the bronze and silver award!
username4942066
Rep:
(Original post by ScoutLeopard)
Hi! I did the bronze award about a year and a half ago and I think it took me about two-ish months but that was because I was doing other things at the same time and it wasn't my top priority. Ask me if you need any help - I'm an A-level CS student who's done both the bronze and silver award!
Thanks so much for the reply! I’ll let you know if I need help. Thx again
ScoutLeopard
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Buddingdentist08)
Thanks so much for the reply! I’ll let you know if I need help. Thx again
No problem!
yay_lilia
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hi all

I started my iDEA bronze award last week and am currently on 200 points. I was just wondering if anyone else had done the award and how long it took them? Thx for your help
Hi! I did it last year at school and it took me 2-3 months as I was really busy. I've got the bronze award and I'm working towards silver. I'm in y10 and doing GCSE Computer Science so if you need any help I'll try to help you out.
username4942066
Rep:
(Original post by yay_lilia)
Hi! I did it last year at school and it took me 2-3 months as I was really busy. I've got the bronze award and I'm working towards silver. I'm in y10 and doing GCSE Computer Science so if you need any help I'll try to help you out.
Hey ! Thanks so much for your offer! I pleased to say that I have finished the bronze now and am planning to start silver soon! Also I noticed you said that you do computer science GCSE. I’m a year 9 student and I’m thinking of doing computer science at gcse. Do you recommend it? Is it particularly challenging? Thanks for your help
Last edited by username4942066; 1 year ago
yay_lilia
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hey ! Thanks so much for your offer! I pleased to say that I have finished the bronze now and am planning to start silver soon! Also I noticed you said that you do computer science GCSE. I’m a year 9 student and I’m thinking of doing computer science at gcse. Do you recommend it? Is it particularly challenging? Thanks for your help
Hey there! I definitely recommend it. There are some parts of the theory section that are challenging at first but once you get the hang of it, they are really easy. You'll find that the topics do overlap and link in with each other which is great for actively remembering and revising. If you have any more questions I'd love to help.
username4942066
Rep:
(Original post by yay_lilia)
Hey there! I definitely recommend it. There are some parts of the theory section that are challenging at first but once you get the hang of it, they are really easy. You'll find that the topics do overlap and link in with each other which is great for actively remembering and revising. If you have any more questions I'd love to help.
Thanks so much for sharing! I really appreciate it, I'll certainly keep it mind when I decide! Thanks again!
ScoutLeopard
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I know that the question wasn't directed at me - but definitely do computer science GCSE! I'm an A-Level comp sci student and I enjoyed my course but it also gives you a better understanding of computers and computing even if you don't take your education/interest of computer science past GCSEs!
username4942066
Rep:
(Original post by ScoutLeopard)
I know that the question wasn't directed at me - but definitely do computer science GCSE! I'm an A-Level comp sci student and I enjoyed my course but it also gives you a better understanding of computers and computing even if you don't take your education/interest of computer science past GCSEs!
Thank you so much for replying! I really appreciate it. I think I am gonna take it now! Thanks for your help
rhi.is.best
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
over ayear
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (25)
18.38%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (15)
11.03%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (10)
7.35%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (24)
17.65%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (35)
25.74%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (27)
19.85%

Watched Threads