n_vmx
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi, I’m in year 11 and I understand very small parts of french but I get really stuck on it and my teachers are very bad, so could anyone recommend what I should do to self teach the course- if there’s any revision guides or texts or links, advice or anything you could give me to help me
linedpaper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Memrise is pretty good I think you can find your course textbook on there
honeymoontea
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by n_vmx)
Hi, I’m in year 11 and I understand very small parts of french but I get really stuck on it and my teachers are very bad, so could anyone recommend what I should do to self teach the course- if there’s any revision guides or texts or links, advice or anything you could give me to help me
Well if you’re doing aqa as your exam board for example look for the revision guides

I recommend daily practice of french on duolingo cause it’s quite fun but it was helpful when I was doing gcse french myself. If you go on the story telling section of duolingo they read stories in french with English to help you learn, it’s really good recommend👍🏼👍🏼
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hello.
Try to use flashcards. Make up brief notes as well. Buy some new revision guides. Practice daily and often too. Test yourself regularly in addition. Also write down key words in a few different colours for example blue in a old notebook additionally. Invest in a tape recorder for skill practice and as a mini revision aid.
When reading old texts always try to read deeper beyond the lines and then record your impressions of it etc. For best results only revise little and often. Jot down two or three hard practice questions on blank slips of paper or on flashcards. Finally test yourself. Find a technique or method that actually works and stick to it. Set goals.
aleenaaji1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
What do you want to do ?
New mailCopy

(Original post by n_vmx)
i would recommend sites like memrise quizlet seneca as they are the same ones i use and really helped me in french

What do you want to do ?
New mailCopy
redmeercat
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I do French at uni - if you have any specific questions about French in general, feel free to DM me!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (15)
25.86%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (4)
6.9%
No I am happy with my choice (36)
62.07%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
5.17%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed