fridayrose
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I've been using revision Village to help revise for maths as they've got a lot of good questions, HOWEVER, I can't seem to find a way to print off the question making it hard to do the practise papers they have on offer in exam conditions.
Can anyone help and let me know if they've found a way to print off questions.
flaurie
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 months ago
You could do several screen clippings on word, or take screenshots and put all the screenshots onto a pdf and print that way?
simplymath
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by fridayrose)
I've been using revision Village to help revise for maths as they've got a lot of good questions, HOWEVER, I can't seem to find a way to print off the question making it hard to do the practise papers they have on offer in exam conditions.
Can anyone help and let me know if they've found a way to print off questions.
Hi fridayrose, what's the Revision Village? Have never heard of it... I would recommend Umath app (you can find it on App Store, if you have iphone, and it's completely free). The learning there is unbelievable - it's the only app I've seen that does so much on-point learning and is so effective, as it adjusts your learning based on your progress. It's also very much IB related. The main downside is that they still don't have all the topics, as I can see they've just launched their app, but I guess they are adding more topics over time.

I also remember using questions from other IB math books, when I was studying IB Math HL in my IB years. Our book at school was the Cambridge book, but I was doing lots of problems from the Pearson book, as they had lots of good questions, while the Cambridge book was not at the level of the actual exam papers.
fridayrose
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by simplymath)
Hi fridayrose, what's the Revision Village? Have never heard of it... I would recommend Umath app (you can find it on App Store, if you have iphone, and it's completely free). The learning there is unbelievable - it's the only app I've seen that does so much on-point learning and is so effective, as it adjusts your learning based on your progress. It's also very much IB related. The main downside is that they still don't have all the topics, as I can see they've just launched their app, but I guess they are adding more topics over time.

I also remember using questions from other IB math books, when I was studying IB Math HL in my IB years. Our book at school was the Cambridge book, but I was doing lots of problems from the Pearson book, as they had lots of good questions, while the Cambridge book was not at the level of the actual exam papers.
Revision Village is site that has a range of resources from videos explaining topics to question banks with step by step video solutions and papers it has created that fit the new specification that we're doing this year - you can find it on this website https://www.revisionvillage.com/
Its one of the few resources I've found that has specifically tailored questions to the new IB syllabus, and whilst you have to pay for it, it is really useful - my maths class decided to split the cost for a gold so it cost me personally about £8.

I'll definitely have a look at the resources you specified though they sound great, it's just bc there are not very many exam style questions available for the new IB maths syllabus in many places.
simplymath
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by fridayrose)
Revision Village is site that has a range of resources from videos explaining topics to question banks with step by step video solutions and papers it has created that fit the new specification that we're doing this year - you can find it on this website https://www.revisionvillage.com/
Its one of the few resources I've found that has specifically tailored questions to the new IB syllabus, and whilst you have to pay for it, it is really useful - my maths class decided to split the cost for a gold so it cost me personally about £8.

I'll definitely have a look at the resources you specified though they sound great, it's just bc there are not very many exam style questions available for the new IB maths syllabus in many places.
Ah looks interesting. I have never heard of them. It seems to be very exam prep focused though. The Umath app focuses more on giving a core and deeper understanding of the concepts, so it's the best if you use it 1-6 months before the exams (or anytime before, in year 1 as well) and it also helps you clearly see whether you understand all the concepts in a topic or not. Most of their topics are tailored for IB and A levels, so I think it's a great learning and it's completely free. I think the questions in different IB books will also build a lot on the conceptual side and I found doing lots of non exam-style questions from those books during the year to be very helpful. But when you approach the last month or so, maybe it's better to focus more (or fully!) on the past papers and do as many timed exams as possible and also try out lots of other exam-style questions and I guess Revision Village can be very effective here.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (20)
8.77%
Okay (66)
28.95%
A bit lacking (85)
37.28%
Not good at all (57)
25%

Watched Threads