contextual offers

Watch this thread
Raja12
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
hey guys,

I will be taking a gap year to do an extra a level and then applying through UCAS. When checking whether I am eligible for contextual offers, which school do I put for the 'level 3 school', where I did my a-levels.

I currently live in area of low progression to higher education but go to a non-fee paying grammar school. In my gap year, I will be going to Westminster Kingsway college which is shown to have low levels of attainment. Will my contextual offer depend on the grammar school or the college I go to in my gap year?
Euapp
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
I'm not sure, but given that you're going to be enrolled in college I don't think it will technically be called a gap year, and I would have thought they'd use the last educational establishment in which you're registered. Phone a Uni that you are considering, and ask their admissions team.
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
You must put down the school/college you are currently studying with.

Therefore, if you go to a different college next year to complete the extra A level then you would be applying through that college - and you can only use any contextual offers etc attached to that college not the one where you did your A levels previously.
Raja12
Rep:
(Original post by McGinger)
You must put down the school/college you are currently studying with.

Therefore, if you go to a different college next year to complete the extra A level then you would be applying through that college - and you can only use any contextual offers etc attached to that college not the one where you did your A levels previously.
yep thats what I was wondering! thanks
Raja12
Rep:
(Original post by Euapp)
I'm not sure, but given that you're going to be enrolled in college I don't think it will technically be called a gap year, and I would have thought they'd use the last educational establishment in which you're registered. Phone a Uni that you are considering, and ask their admissions team.
will call just in case! thanks
Theloniouss
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
You obviously will have both on your UCAS application (as well as the qualifications you got at each school), so it might depend on universities' specific policies

I'd say a reasonable policy for a university to have would be some combination, where your achieved grades have to meet the standard offer and grades you're going to get at your college would have to meet the contextual offer (not sure how that would work in practice though).
Last edited by Theloniouss; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (109)
68.13%
No (33)
20.63%
I didn't use it to prepare (18)
11.25%

Watched Threads