The Student Room Group

My mum just said I look like a transvestite

Been bullied in the past and in an emotionally abusive relationship so been struggling with my self esteem since. Today I was experimenting with makeup after watching some tutorials and felt great about myself for the first time in a long time. Then my mum walked in and said that I looked like a transvestite. All of a sudden I felt awful. I don't know what to do but I'm sitting here crying feeling terrible.
you a guy?
Original post by Anonymous
Been bullied in the past and in an emotionally abusive relationship so been struggling with my self esteem since. Today I was experimenting with makeup after watching some tutorials and felt great about myself for the first time in a long time. Then my mum walked in and said that I looked like a transvestite. All of a sudden I felt awful. I don't know what to do but I'm sitting here crying feeling terrible.

How rude of your Mum to be honest, she likely meant it as a joke/insult - neither are okay - to you or 'transvestites' (generally an outdated and offensive term too). It's possible that she is insecure in herself, so don't take it too personally if you can. Perhaps if she is so wise about makeup she can show you how it's done :tongue: but yeah, don't listen to her :nah:
Reply 3
Original post by EU Yakov
you a guy?

No I'm a woman
Reply 4
No I'm a woman

biologically?
Call the police, your mum is a chronic abuser and needs to feel the full force of the law. Emotional abuse is wrong and is a punishable crime.
Reply 6
Original post by Wesxmm
biologically?

Yes I was born a woman.
Call the police, your mum is a chronic abuser and needs to feel the full force of the law. Emotional abuse is wrong and is a punishable crime.

only follow this advice if you want a caution about wasting police time.
You say you were born a biological female. So you're a woman putting on make-up and your mum calls you a trans?

Ignore your mum and don't listen to her stupid comments.

Case 2:
You were BIOLOGICALLY born a male and putting on make-up. You identify as a female. and you rmum calls you a trans?

Tell your mum how it makes you feel. Tell her you're not a trans.
You say you were born a biological female. So you're a woman putting on make-up and your mum calls you a trans?

Ignore your mum and don't listen to her stupid comments.

Case 2:
You were BIOLOGICALLY born a male and putting on make-up. You identify as a female. and you rmum calls you a trans?

Tell your mum how it makes you feel. Tell her you're not a trans.

She knows it hurts to say it that's why she said it. The mum is an abuser and I'd like to see her get crushed by the full weight of the law.
She probably means that your make up looks over specified/ is too extreme.
So many girls seem to be able to do make up effortlessly, but it is really hard to learn to do well especially if you don't have someone to teach you Or you have poor hand eye coordination.
She may just not be used to you wearing makeup.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending