Beth_xox_x
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi so I left school with 2 D GCSE’s and one C I grew up in a abusive household so never had support to do more I’m now 23 and . I want to study nursing .. specifically midwifery and have no idea where to start or anything. I’m hoping to do it on the online university could anyone give me some advice ? None of my family have been to university or any of my friends so I seriously have no one to ask
Emily_B
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
1. Get your GCSEs. Go back to college to do it. You'll need grade 4/C and above in English, Maths and Science.
2. Do an access to nursing/midwifery course.
3. Get a job as a nursing assistant/HCA/midwifery assistant for a bit as this will help you gain an insight into the job and will give you things to talk about in your personal statement.
4. I presume you mean the Open University, not online. You apply via UCAS. Note that the OU requires you to already be in employment within a healthcare setting for nursing degrees, and have support from your employer. Brick universities don't have this requirement as they just sort your placements out for you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (217)
44.11%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (56)
11.38%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (36)
7.32%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (103)
20.93%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (53)
10.77%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.49%

Watched Threads