The Student Room Group

A-Level vs BTEC Computing

I am currently in Year 11 and I am wondering what I should do as regards to whether or not Sixth Form is the right choice for me. I’m an 99% sure I don’t want to go to university for a number of reasons but I am also sure that I don’t need to go to university to get experience/a job in the field I want to pursue (I am planning to go into Computing and planning to do anything from a job in Cyber Security to a Data Analyst or a Software Developer). I have applied for a number of sixth forms (where I want to do Computer Science, Maths and then Chemistry or Classic Civilisations) and one college in which they do a mix of BTEC Computing and A-Level Maths, but I’m wondering that if I get accepted into both, which one would be the most viable of option for me? I spoke to my Computing teacher and she thinks that I might find the BTECs too easy, and I had a look at the question papers and I could already answer quite a few of the questions. However, my parents think that the BTEC may give me more grounding in terms of employability and getting chosen for Higher Apprenticeships after Sixth Form. I am very confused and am unsure as to what to do. Any advice from anyone with any sort of experience on the matter would be much appreciated!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending