Mina_xo
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by HPAG)
Thanks.

The University website says that as a private school there is no cap on the number of international applicants they may accept. But I would imagine there would be logistical limitations such as clinical placement slots. Would you know the total number they are targeting to reach ? Also how many of the 178 are international students ?

I'm guessing in the next few years as more internationals hear about the school, from others who have joined, it could get more competitive.
Precisely what ecolier said. It’s proportional. So for example, if they have space for 180 students in a year, there’s no cap on how many places out of those 180 can be given to international students.

I couldn’t tell you how many of the 178 students in my cohort are international as we’re all online so haven’t had a chance to meet yet. However, from online interaction, I can see that there are definitely a lot of international students but a good number of home students also.
HPAG
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Mina_xo)
Precisely what ecolier said. It’s proportional. So for example, if they have space for 180 students in a year, there’s no cap on how many places out of those 180 can be given to international students.

I couldn’t tell you how many of the 178 students in my cohort are international as we’re all online so haven’t had a chance to meet yet. However, from online interaction, I can see that there are definitely a lot of international students but a good number of home students also.
(Original post by ecolier)
I think they meant the proportional rather than an absolute number (i.e. they can't take 3000 international students, but can take 90% international students).

For non-private med schools, the proportion is capped at 7.5%.

Yes I understand that it is in a sense saying that there is no limit on the proportion is what they mean by saying there is no cap. Which is why I am wondering the highlighted part in my post to Mina_xo quoted below

(Original post by HPAG)
Thanks.

The University website says that as a private school there is no cap on the number of international applicants they may accept. But I would imagine there would be logistical limitations such as clinical placement slots. Would you know the total number they are targeting to reach ? Also how many of the 178 are international students ?

I'm guessing in the next few years as more internationals hear about the school, from others who have joined, it could get more competitive.
Last edited by HPAG; 7 months ago
Mina_xo
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by HPAG)
Yes I understand that it is in a sense saying that there is no limit on the proportion is what they mean by saying there is no cap. Which is why I am wondering the highlighted part in my post to Mina_xo quoted below
Yeah as stated, there is no cap. So there is no specific number of international students that they are willing to take. They will take applications as they come and give offers to the best suited students regardless of whether they are international or home students.
Last edited by Mina_xo; 7 months ago
Mish1515
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hey guys do you get to choose time of interview or is it already allocated ?
ashalalabaz
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Mish1515)
Hey guys do you get to choose time of interview or is it already allocated ?
they email you for a time for the selection event where they check your camera and mic and then you get an email after a few days telling you your interview date and time
7strawberries
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
How long did it take for you to receive an interview invite after applying? I’m a home undergrad student and I’m waiting for an interview still.
username5368176
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by 7strawberries)
How long did it take for you to receive an interview invite after applying? I’m a home undergrad student and I’m waiting for an interview still.
same here
ashalalabaz
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Farhan2003)
same here
I applied in January and got my interview invite a month after, you wont recieve it straight away but you should be getting a confirmation that you sent in the application.
HPAG
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
11th March 2021
29th April 2021
11th May 2021 (provisional)
17th June 2021
15th July 2021
2nd September 2021
16th September 2021
21st October 2021
4th November 2021 (provisional)

Their website gives these as selection dates. (read Interview dates) So if you put your application closer to an interview dates you are likely to get quick replies till the slots for that date are full.
7strawberries
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Did anybody get a rejection with or without an interview from this university?
ashalalabaz
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Did anybody get a rejection with or without an interview from this university?
I think that most people who got a rejection pre interview probably did not meet the minimum entry requirements, or their application was realllyreaaaaally bad.
Hatam555
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by mariaxam)
is anyone on here a home undergrad?
Yes I am.
Hatam555
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
The same
ashalalabaz
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Hatam555)
The same
(Original post by ashalalabaz)
I think that most people who got a rejection pre interview probably did not meet the minimum entry requirements, or their application was realllyreaaaaally bad.
considering the next selection day is in a few days the next one you will be eligible for is at the end of april so i think near the start of april you will recieve an invite to the selection day if you are eligible
username5368176
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by ashalalabaz)
considering the next selection day is in a few days the next one you will be eligible for is at the end of april so i think near the start of april you will recieve an invite to the selection day if you are eligible
but i guess few ppl already received interview invite for end of April cause my friend received one on 29th april
ashalalabaz
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Farhan2003)
but i guess few ppl already received interview invite for end of April cause my friend received one on 29th april
yeah, all you can do is study, theres no point stressing if you havent recieved a reply, because whats worse than no interview is not having the grades.
Aussie2022
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by himanshu0000000)
Hey . international student here. got an interview for march 11th.
Hi, how did you go with your interview? Hope you would have done well.
Faxstudent
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Anyone who did their interview already heard back anything?
Caro77uk
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Faxstudent)
Not yet. Still waiting.
anononon12345
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Faxstudent)
Still waiting too
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (310)
57.94%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (75)
14.02%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (59)
11.03%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (45)
8.41%
I haven't started researching yet (26)
4.86%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
3.74%

Watched Threads