The Student Room Group

Paper 1 Frankenstein Practice answer

Hello! We're studying Frankenstein as our 19th Century novel and we've done a couple of practice questions. Our exam board is AQA. I would really appreciate if someone could read through a paragraph of my answer and tell me if it is at least on the right lines. I'm in year 10 currently so I haven't really nailed the structure of the answers yet.

"The monster is a victim of society's fear and prejudice." (the extract was from Chapter 16 when the monster has just been shot.)

"In the extract, the monster “writhed” from the “pain of a wound”. The verb “writhed shows the reader that the monster has been physically victimised by mankind the man saw him and immediately shot because he has been taught to fear and reject those who don’t look the same as him. “Writhed” conjures up a vivid picture in the reader’s mind Shelley used the verb to imply a violent suffering that is powerful at harming the victim. The imagery which Shelley uses of the wound is significant because it could be representative of the hardships that the monster suffers at the hands of mankind, and it also links to Paradise Lost; perhaps the wound represents the origin of evil, which is referenced in the poem. The monster’s wound, in both a literal and metaphorical sense, is the direct result of humanity’s fear and prejudice."

I'd like to know if this is a long enough paragraph as well! Any help would be greatly appreciated - thank you!
Yeah looks really good so far. Try breaking up the second bit into two paragraphs however.
Original post by tinygirl96
Yeah looks really good so far. Try breaking up the second bit into two paragraphs however.

Will do - thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending