Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Their friend came over and they was talking to her in the car then her battery went flat. So they said they will jump start her but then they came up to ask me to help and I didn't want to because that woman like their friend hasn't done anything for me so why should help her and she probably not going do me any favours. Im not trying to sound arrogant. I just don’t don't like this women because I kind of had some issues with her and she doesn't like me. Once I was eating my breakfast in the kitchen but I felt really uncomfortable and really awkward because that woman with just sat next to me not saying anything giving me dirty looks. I prank called her when I was younger as well.

If it was a totally different famliy friend they asked me help i probably would have done it without a doubt. I help my parents for everything else, if they ask me to do something I do it every time apart from helping this woman out because I just don't see how I should help her. I just told them no and we fell out over it basically because we argued a bit.
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
So you prank called her, she gave you “dirty looks” over breakfast and so you refuse to help start her car...
I can see why they fell out with you.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
How old are you? :confused:
Anonymous #2
Report 5 months ago
Regardless of how someone treats you, you should always help them. Good actions always find their way back to you 😊
Anonymous #1
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
So you prank called her, she gave you “dirty looks” over breakfast and so you refuse to help start her car...
I can see why they fell out with you.
I prank called her when I was 16, 4 years ago, im sure I did say when I was younger. 4 years ago is irrelevant
Anonymous #1
(Original post by londonmyst)
How old are you? :confused:
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
Regardless of how someone treats you, you should always help them. Good actions always find their way back to you 😊
I'm not going to help someone who I don't like though
Anonymous #2
Report 5 months ago
Help her anyway. 🤷
Anonymous #1
Help her anyway. 🤷
Why though?
I know it might have been good for my parents but I help them out with other stuff. I was busy as well. If it was someone else I would have helped
5hyl33n
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Regardless of whether you like her or not, helping someone is basic decency.
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I prank called her when I was 16, 4 years ago, im sure I did say when I was younger. 4 years ago is irrelevant
So the past is irrelevant but you’re going to hold a grudge for her giving you supposed dirty looks over the breakfast table?
Grow up and have some basic human decency.
Last edited by GabiAbi84; 5 months ago
5hyl33n
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
So the past is irrelevant but you’re going to hold a grudge for her giving you supposed dirty looks over the breakfast table?
Grow up and have some basic human decency.
Noticed the ones on Anon are usually in the wrong? :lol:
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I think that you were right to choose not to get involved in assisting someone that you dislike and have a history of negative involvement with.
That said, your past prank calling was immature and obnoxious behaviour.

But it is okay to calmly and politely let your parents know when you are not willing to directly interact with specific individuals or help them in any way. As long as you were not confrontational or vicious in your communications with either your parents or their friend.
Your parents will know that you are unlikely to change your decision, they can't force you to do so and are not likely to remain angry or focused on the issue for a very long time.
Anonymous #2
Report 5 months ago
Why though?
I know it might have been good for my parents but I help them out with other stuff. I was busy as well. If it was someone else I would have helped
Wouldn't it better if you helped her, and get it over and done with, than having to go through the stroppy child phase and having your parents mad at you? 🤷

We all have to do things that we don't like, it's part of life that we have to deal with
nhsia
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Their friend came over and they was talking to her in the car then her battery went flat. So they said they will jump start her but then they came up to ask me to help and I didn't want to because that woman like their friend hasn't done anything for me so why should help her and she probably not going do me any favours. Im not trying to sound arrogant. I just don’t don't like this women because I kind of had some issues with her and she doesn't like me. Once I was eating my breakfast in the kitchen but I felt really uncomfortable and really awkward because that woman with just sat next to me not saying anything giving me dirty looks. I prank called her when I was younger as well.

If it was a totally different famliy friend they asked me help i probably would have done it without a doubt. I help my parents for everything else, if they ask me to do something I do it every time apart from helping this woman out because I just don't see how I should help her. I just told them no and we fell out over it basically because we argued a bit.
i just don't think it's that big of a deal. i know you said you don't like each other but has anything major ever gone down between you both before that would give you reason not to associate with each other? you could have just helped her that once and then told your parents not to ask for help associated with her in the future if she bugs you that much. i know you're not entitled to helping someone you don't like but i can kind of see why your parents minded, and helping her doesn't mean you like her anyways, it just means you're decent enough to ignore the hatred between you both and be helpful.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (19)
38.78%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (4)
8.16%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (2)
4.08%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (13)
26.53%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (6)
12.24%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (5)
10.2%

Watched Threads