The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

is bristol a druggy uni?

i've been hearing stereotypes that Bristol uni is known for its drugs, is this true? obviously i know in every uni there will be people who take drugs, but why have i been hearing specifically that Bristol is known for being druggy?
At every uni there is different people.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
I think because it’s a fairly big city with a good night life and a diverse range of people. Have you received an offer from them?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I think because it’s a fairly big city with a good night life and a diverse range of people. Have you received an offer from them?

I have received an offer for biology but i'm not sure about the course/ uni. do you go there?
Reply 4
I don't go to Bristol but although it has that reputation, it depends quite a lot on which crowd you choose to hang around with. The party crowd will invariably have and know druggies compared to people who keep mostly to themselves; this is the case at most unis and means drugs won't find you unless you deliberately go in search of them.

Bristol as a whole is a big city with a fair amount of nightclubs
Because it is a druggy uni lol as most people there do it.
I have received an offer for biology but i'm not sure about the course/ uni. do you go there?

No I’ve applied for psych but I’m currently on hold. If they give me an offer I’ll either choose Bristol or Exeter probably
Reply 7
Original post by TJ1997
I don't go to Bristol but although it has that reputation, it depends quite a lot on which crowd you choose to hang around with. The party crowd will invariably have and know druggies compared to people who keep mostly to themselves; this is the case at most unis and means drugs won't find you unless you deliberately go in search of them.

Bristol as a whole is a big city with a fair amount of nightclubs

true but there are bigger cities like manchester, birmingham etc. but i've only heard the druggy rumours about bristol
Reply 8
No I’ve applied for psych but I’m currently on hold. If they give me an offer I’ll either choose Bristol or Exeter probably

i've applied for exeter too but haven't heard from them yet. i'm not sure about bristol because i think i would prefer a campus uni rather than a city uni but idk. where else have you applied?
Reply 9
i've been hearing stereotypes that Bristol uni is known for its drugs, is this true? obviously i know in every uni there will be people who take drugs, but why have i been hearing specifically that Bristol is known for being druggy?

Bristol is the drug capital of the UK. That would be why.
i've applied for exeter too but haven't heard from them yet. i'm not sure about bristol because i think i would prefer a campus uni rather than a city uni but idk. where else have you applied?

I like the idea of a campus uni more as well, I visited Exeter and the campus is really beautiful but the city is quite small and also I’ve heard it’s pretty posh and stuff. I’ve also had offers from Warwick, Swansea and Cardiff. What about you?

Quick Reply