The Student Room Group

Eczema slowly going away

I feel like my eczema is disappearing for good overtime because i had eczema behind my legs and on my thighs but nowadays it’s completely gone: no itching, no rashes etc. but i still have eczema on the top half of my body including my face. Do you think my eczema will go away when im older? Im turning 17 in 2021 btw.
Thanks
Original post by Anonymous
I feel like my eczema is disappearing for good overtime because i had eczema behind my legs and on my thighs but nowadays it’s completely gone: no itching, no rashes etc. but i still have eczema on the top half of my body including my face. Do you think my eczema will go away when im older? Im turning 17 in 2021 btw.
Thanks

I’m no doctor but it should go away... make sure you regularly moisturise 😊
Reply 2
I’m no doctor but it should go away... make sure you regularly moisturise 😊

Permanently?
Permanently?

Yep, eczema makes your skin itchy and makes it dry so it is always a good idea to moisturise it so that you prevent it from coming back
Reply 4
Permanently?

it could come back in the summer and go in the winter
Original post by \^_^/

No but it is preventable if you regularly moisturise

Sorry, no you’ll have a lower chance of it coming back if u regularly moisturise
Reply 7
Thanks

what did you do to get it to go away?
Reply 8
Original post by ^_^/

Yup that happens to me

This is nonsense
Sorry, no you’ll have a lower chance of it coming back if u regularly moisturise

On the contrary (in my experience), when I moisturised my eczema it became more ordinary irritable and worse, but when I left it alone then it slowly went away
Original post by TSR Mustafa
This is nonsense

Actually I’m training to be a dermatologist and this is what my personal training is leading me to believe
Also I just googled it and actually it says to moisturise
Original post by laurawatt
On the contrary (in my experience), when I moisturised my eczema it became more ordinary irritable and worse, but when I left it alone then it slowly went away

Well it’s different for everyone- in my training I’ve been told that the majority of people moisturise 🙂
Original post by ANM775
what did you do to get it to go away?

I literally did nothing to it, and its somehow just vanished. I feel like im outgrowing from eczema but i dont know
Original post by laurawatt

That happens to me too, but it comes back in the summer because the sweat builds up which makes me uncontrollably itchy. It was also my fault because I generally wear full-sleeved clothing and I didn't exactly give my arms any fresh air. I'm currently trying to heal it again - it's a tiring cycle tbh.
Actually I’m training to be a dermatologist and this is what my personal training is leading me to believe
Also I just googled it and actually it says to moisturise

Moisturizing helps to alleviate the dry skin people with eczema have , it doesn't get rid of eczema

Quick Reply