username3130030
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
helpppp me out pls x
raredisposition
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by nishyboo)
helpppp me out pls x
Hi nishyboo,
Due to an updated spec I have only done employment tribunals and their evaluation are as follows:
advantages
costs - legal represantation isn't essential, no fees to make a claim, and each parties pay for their own costs no matter the outcome
speed - there is a set hearing date and the "trial" is completed within a day
informality - no offical outft for memebers of the court, relaxed environment in comparision to court and allows confidence to those who are litigants in person
disadvantages
lack of public funding - financially challenged individuals would'nt have access to legal representation and this can cause discrepency between an employer with representaion and an employee without it. This condradicts the tribunals whole function of assisting disadvantaged individuals
formality - chairperson must be legally qualified and the added lawyers and conduct makes the "trial" more formal in comparison to other forms of ADR
delay - growing number of tribunal cases leads to a delay added to the lay memebers only working in tribunals for part time. Also complex cases may lead to more than one day in court.

im sure the advantages and disadvantages are similar applying to any form of tribunal
i hope this helps
An A level Law student drowing in homework
username3130030
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by AspiringLawyer4)
Hi nishyboo,
Due to an updated spec I have only done employment tribunals and their evaluation are as follows:
advantages
costs - legal represantation isn't essential, no fees to make a claim, and each parties pay for their own costs no matter the outcome
speed - there is a set hearing date and the "trial" is completed within a day
informality - no offical outft for memebers of the court, relaxed environment in comparision to court and allows confidence to those who are litigants in person
disadvantages
lack of public funding - financially challenged individuals would'nt have access to legal representation and this can cause discrepency between an employer with representaion and an employee without it. This condradicts the tribunals whole function of assisting disadvantaged individuals
formality - chairperson must be legally qualified and the added lawyers and conduct makes the "trial" more formal in comparison to other forms of ADR
delay - growing number of tribunal cases leads to a delay added to the lay memebers only working in tribunals for part time. Also complex cases may lead to more than one day in court.

im sure the advantages and disadvantages are similar applying to any form of tribunal
i hope this helps
An A level Law student drowing in homework
thanks girl, i’ll let you know my grade when it arrives. Lol xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (58)
12.53%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (8)
1.73%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (122)
26.35%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (43)
9.29%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (217)
46.87%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
3.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed