The Student Room Group

I’m 17 but look 14, what can I do?

I am 17 years old but people tell me that I look about 14 (I think I have a selfie on my profile) and treat me like a child. I’m 5’0 so it could be because of my height but I wear heels everyday and people have said just from my face that I look way younger than I am.

What can I do to at least look my age, I’m sick of being patronised by everyone and feeling unattractive/like no guys will want me because I look like a child. I stopped growing at 13 or 14 and I finished puberty a few years ago so this is it now. I just need to actually look like a 17 y/o.

Scroll to see replies

Seems bad now, but in a couple years it'll be a good thing, maybe it's your make-up or clothes that make you look younger?
go on youtube for advice on how to dress your age
browse the internet for ideas
i got the same problem im only 16 and i look like a 11 yr old
(edited 3 years ago)
In like 20 years maybe?!?! No one is attracted to me or even willing to give me a chance because guys my age view me as a child and think liking me would make them a pedophile. I will be single/a virgin well into my twenties at this rate and will probably be left out of most social things.
Reply 4
I feel ya, I’m 20 and look 14/15 😂 The only positive is I can still get away with getting a child ticket
Original post by KAy1a.2021
go on youtube for advice on how to dress your age
browse the internet for ideas
i got the same problem im in my teens and i look like a 11 yr old

I do dress my age, that isn’t the issue. It is the actual features and look of my face that make people think I’m a child.
Original post by Hannah.Banana.
In like 20 years maybe?!?! No one is attracted to me or even willing to give me a chance because guys my age view me as a child and think liking me would make them a pedophile. I will be single/a virgin well into my twenties at this rate and will probably be left out of most social things.

But then those aren't the guys that you should be looking to date.
Original post by Afrrcyn
But then those aren't the guys that you should be looking to date.

It is not just a certain type of guy, it is every guy. And everyone just says get guys based on my personality but no one gives me a chance to show my personality because they think a literal child is hitting on them
It is not just a certain type of guy, it is every guy. And everyone just says get guys based on my personality but no one gives me a chance to show my personality because they think a literal child is hitting on them

I'd listen to the robot (ecolier) It's some good advice!
PRSOM (as usual)
It is 2020, I do need to wait for mariage. I actively want a relationship/sex and no guys like me because they think I look like a child.
It is 2020, I do need to wait for mariage. I actively want a relationship/sex and no guys like me because they think I look like a child.

Your profile pic is obviously very pixelated, but you don't look that young that no guy would have sex with you. If you're struggling to find someone who will, you're going about it wrong.
You have to be 18 for tinder I'm pretty sure
Where did I say I would be being taken advantage of? The issue is that I want but guys think I look so young that ****ing me would be taking advantage of me.
Experiment with much higher heels, different hairstyles, makeup looks and smart professional outfits for the workplace (suits/dresses/ jewellery/coats/suits and handbags).
A few of my friends who don't wear makeup or heels have the same issue; they are older than 26 and always getting mistaken for early teens or younger.
It’s sex, not some irrevocable crime that changes your life forever. The issue here is that I have the choice of losing it to those said ‘inappropriate men’ who wish they were raping a child instead or being a literal 30 year old virgin weirdo
....you're 17. It's literally natural to still look like a child, because you are one. Puberty wise you're about an armpit hair away from looking 14 anyway as an average 17 yr old?! Bloody hell. In a couple of years you'll wake up looking like an adult. Leave your looks alone.
Lash extensions. Trust me.
It’s sex, not some irrevocable crime that changes your life forever. The issue here is that I have the choice of losing it to those said ‘inappropriate men’ who wish they were raping a child instead or being a literal 30 year old virgin weirdo

So your actual problem is that the boys you like don't want you? Welcome to real life, it's not because you look 14.
Original post by Theloniouss
So your actual problem is that the boys you like don't want you? Welcome to real life, it's not because you look 14.

No the issue is that only pedophiles want to have sex with me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending