The Student Room Group

EPQ topic

So, I’m currently writing my first draft of my EPQ and I saw a post about saying that your EPQ cannot overlap with your A levels and I’m kind of panicking.

My question is: Is antimicrobial resistance the biggest threat to 21st Century medicine?

I take A level biology and there is a section about antibiotic resistance there, but it’s rather small and not a topic in its own right. I looked through the textbook and I’ve researched far beyond what’s in the textbook to make my argument. I read on the specifications that you can use an A level topic as a springboard for your ideas - you just have to reserach it in more depth. (Note: my EPQ is not just about antibiotic resistance but antimicrobial resistance as a whole). My supervisor has said the question is okay but I’m still a bit worried.

Should I be worried?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Claudiarose4
So, I’m currently writing my first draft of my EPQ and I saw a post about saying that your EPQ cannot overlap with your A levels and I’m kind of panicking.

My question is: Is antimicrobial resistance the biggest threat to 21st Century medicine?

I take A level biology and there is a section about antibiotic resistance there, but it’s rather small and not a topic in its own right. I looked through the textbook and I’ve researched far beyond what’s in the textbook to make my argument. I read on the specifications that you can use an A level topic as a springboard for your ideas - you just have to reserach it in more depth. (Note: my EPQ is not just about antibiotic resistance but antimicrobial resistance as a whole). My supervisor has said the question is okay but I’m still a but worried.

Should I be worried?

Where does it say EPQ cannot overlap with A-levels? If that was the case then everyone would be in trouble for writing an EPQ that overlapped with an A-level.

You shouldn't be worried at all, your title seems perfectly fine and your supervisor has validated it as well.
Original post by Incede
Where does it say EPQ cannot overlap with A-levels? If that was the case then everyone would be in trouble for writing an EPQ that overlapped with an A-level.

You shouldn't be worried at all, your title seems perfectly fine and your supervisor has validated it as well.

Thank you, I think I’m just fretting over nothing as everything else about it is going well at the moment 😅

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending