The Student Room Group

Exams 2021

Do u think peoples protests will effect the decision on exams.

Unpopular opinion but I am one of those people who want exams
Why?
Well for starters people cheat in class tests so it won’t be fair anyway
Secondly some of the courses require u actually knowing the content from A levels so by doing the exams people will actually revise the content
For GCSEs, as an A level student my self I know definitely for the subjects I do the better u know your gcse content the better as it makes grasping the harder concepts easier
Original post by a.plane

Why?
Secondly some of the courses require u actually knowing the content from A levels so by doing the exams people will actually revise the content
For GCSEs, as an A level student my self I know definitely for the subjects I do the better u know your gcse content the better as it makes grasping the harder concepts easier

People cheat in exams just as much as they do in class tests.
Also, nothing stops people from revising the rest of their course even if the exams don't go ahead. If they don't, and then struggle at uni, that's their fault.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by YouAreWhatYouIs
People cheat in exams just as much as they do in class tests

Noooo, they don’t even compare. Usually you even know mocks gonna be based on unreleased past paper and you can see what’s gonna be on it by looking at unofficial mark scheme
Original post by Bluerainy
Noooo, they don’t even compare. Usually you even know mocks gonna be based on unreleased past paper and you can see what’s gonna be on it by looking at unofficial mark scheme

When I was doing GCSE’s, I knew a group of around 10 people who had the papers around an hour before the exam started
Also, nothing stops people from revising the rest of their course even if the exams don't go ahead. If they don't, and then struggle at uni, that's their fault.

How would they if there are teachers watching and walking around
Reply 5
Original post by a.plane

Why?

yesss I actually want exams to happen , my in class assessment grades are horrible so if they just did what they did for last years y13s I probs wouldn't get into uni
Reply 6

Yes people may cheat but it’s harder and riskier
Reply 7
Original post by Yo220205
yesss I actually want exams to happen , my in class assessment grades are horrible so if they just did what they did for last years y13s I probs wouldn't get into uni

I get u. Honesly I don’t think I will even be able to get into a foundation year if they use my grade rn
Reply 8
There's normally only 2 teachers walking around an entire hall of 60 or 70 students so its not hard.
I've never done it, but I know plenty of people who have taken things into the exam with them.
One person, for example, took notes into the exam written on a sheet of lined paper from a mock exam, so it looked like any other page from the exam.

Fair enough. Although in my school and all the other schools I know of have about 5 people walking around. Also in class tests the teachers never walk around they just sit and do their work

I go to a fairly normal state school btw
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending