Need help! Choosing university for Msc Cybersecurity

Watch
merrgrace
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi everyone,

I have got an offer from the following universities for MSc in Cyber security.
1. Royal Holloway,London.
2. Lancaster University.
3. University of York.

I loved the course modules of all the three universities and thus I have a slight confusion in choosing a university.

Can anyone in the cybersecurity/information security field help me? Among these, which university is better for the cybersecurity program? Which university has good teaching methods? Which university has a good reputation, considering the employability aspect?

Highly appreciate your response on this!
merrgrace
Rep:
?
Hi everyone,

I have got an offer from the following universities for MSc in Cyber security.

1. Royal Holloway,London.
2. Lancaster University.
3. University of York.

I loved the course modules of all the three universities and thus I have a slight confusion in choosing a university.

Can anyone in the cybersecurity/information security field help me? Among these, which university is better for the cybersecurity program? Which university has good teaching methods? Which university has a good reputation, considering the employability aspect?

Highly appreciate your response on this!
Cactus.554
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Idk anything about cyber security but universities have all got a TFE ranking (gold, silver or bronze) which indicates the level of their teaching, so looking at that might be helpful.
Cactus.554
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Also looking at student satisfaction and ratings for your course
merrgrace
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cactus.554)
Also looking at student satisfaction and ratings for your course
Hi,

Yes, I did check the TEF rankings and other ratings. However, few students who were from Universities with good rankings have not given good reviews about the course. It might be better for other courses but for Cybersecurity, it isn't upto the mark.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.75%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.75%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (14)
17.5%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.25%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
36.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
17.5%

Watched Threads