Which of these universities have the best nightlife?

Watch
helpme111
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Loughborough, Strathclyde, Lancaster, Edinburgh, or Aberdeen?
username5394096
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Loughborough
Treehouse8
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Probably Edinburgh, definitely not around Loughborough campus. I recommend driving to look around the unis for the best insight.
Anonymous #1
Report 8 months ago
Not much nightlife anywhere at the moment becaus eof covid
litstudent30
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Loughborough is a small town but I think their nightlife is average; Edinburgh I assume will be pretty good; Lancaster uni is kind of in the middle of nowhere in the countryside, and the city is something like a 15 minute bus ride, so...
username2825764
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Night Life does not exist and won't for the foreseeable future. We had 53k new cases of COVID19 and nearly 1k deaths yesterday.
Max1989
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
A bit biased but Strathclyde by far. Especially first year you are in the heart of Scotlands biggest city, and if you stay in halls first year you are litteraly 10min away from the city centre so you can walk he from a night out, plus there is litteraly dozens of clubs catering for all styles. Plus as you have 3 (technically 4)unis in the city there is large amounts of students making every night really livley. Plus the whole city centre is bassicaly student acomodation do even of you don't go to clubs there is always stuff going on in people's flats ect. All the other places are a lot smaller than Glasgow and therefore a lot quieter and less clubs. But the big bonus in just the proximity and lack of needing to get a taxi or bus into the city, saving the money for drinks instead.
𝓖𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓽𝓵𝓪𝓭𝔂
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Daughter goes to Lancaster (first year) and there is Glow/Dalton Rooms which she thinks is the best as even in covid times they put on a good show. Then there is Sugar house which is ran by the student union. Then there is a lesser know place called Kanteena which she went during covid, so didnt have the live bands on unfortunately, but is going to go again once covids done one.
Loads of bars. Her faves are cornerhouse, the study room, crafty scholar and water witch, all have a really nice vibe.
Worth watching a you tuber calle watchdevante. his vids were back in 2015/2016 but you do get the jist of student life there. He stays in a county townhouse, daughter stays in Grizedale townhouse and they are pretty social halls.
Last edited by 𝓖𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓽𝓵𝓪𝓭𝔂; 8 months ago
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi helpme101
I’m a student at Lancaster so I’m happy to answer any questions you have about nightlife. PreCovid I really enjoyed my social life at Lancaster. Obviously it’s not a massive city so there’s not loads of clubs but the clubs we do have the students tend to enjoy especially our student union club- the sugar house where all the students tends to go and it feels safer because it’s just students! There’s also lots of bars / eating places on campus including a cocktail Bar / sports bar- so that’s handy because you don’t even have to leave campus to meet up with friends ! There’s also good cocktail bars in town which me and my friends enjoy !
Hope this helps !
Lancaster university student ambassador
Holly
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.39%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.48%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.48%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (24)
13.64%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (48)
27.27%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.75%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise