The Student Room Group

January Mock Exams 2021

Hi does anyone know if my mock exams would still take place on the week of the 4th of January in England based on new government guidelines?
That depends on your school.
Reply 2
Original post by .2.0.0.3.
That depends on your school.

Before teir 4 was announced we were set to take it on the week starting school, but my school said to be aware that things could change based off of what happens. So far we haven't been notified of any changes but my whole year is freaking out and we feel so lost. Thanks for your response btw
Original post by shumaira
Before teir 4 was announced we were set to take it on the week starting school, but my school said to be aware that things could change based off of what happens. So far we haven't been notified of any changes but my whole year is freaking out and we feel so lost. Thanks for your response btw

My mocks start on 11th jan.. i completely understand how you guys feel. The uncertainty atm is so frustrating! My city moved into tier 4 too and my college hasnt notified us of anything either - we just know that next week will be remote for sure. Im guessing your school might delay your mocks by a week?
Reply 4
Hi does anyone know if my mock exams would still take place on the week of the 4th of January in England based on new government guidelines?

I don’t think you will have mocks in that week since all schools are closed. I think your mocks will just be pushed back a week
Reply 5

i’m in the same situation, but please just tell everyone to wait until school guidance comes out. your SLT at school will be discussing the options, but remember it’s still their holiday and deserve a break despite the gov’s late decisions. revise like you will be taking them starting monday
Reply 6
My mocks start on 11th jan.. i completely understand how you guys feel. The uncertainty atm is so frustrating! My city moved into tier 4 too and my college hasnt notified us of anything either - we just know that next week will be remote for sure. Im guessing your school might delay your mocks by a week?

Yeah i'm in year 12 and honestly my school is a mess when it comes to all this stuff. They said they'd inform us of everything that will be happening on monday (which is going to be a staff meeting day) which is cutting it a bit fine but i'm just hoping for the best. Good luck on your mocks by the way :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by kxch
i’m in the same situation, but please just tell everyone to wait until school guidance comes out. your SLT at school will be discussing the options, but remember it’s still their holiday and deserve a break despite the gov’s late decisions. revise like you will be taking them starting monday

Yes that is exactly what we are doing, but we cant help stress over it. Good luck with everything btw :smile:
Yeah i'm in year 12 and honestly my school is a mess when it comes to all this stuff. They said they'd inform us of everything that will be happening on monday (which is going to be a staff meeting day) which is cutting it a bit fine but i'm just hoping for the best. Good luck on your mocks by the way :smile:

Good luck to you too! They emailed today and said mocks will run as usual😣 i can see a u-turn on final exams so imma make sure i get good grades in those mocks
Reply 9
Good luck to you too! They emailed today and said mocks will run as usual😣 i can see a u-turn on final exams so imma make sure i get good grades in those mocks

Are you in year 13? If so Good luck on your final exams! My sister is in year 13 so i know how difficult it has been for your year.

Quick Reply

Latest