The Student Room Group

Are very wide hips normal?

are very wide hips normal? my stomach is pretty flat and my waist is pretty thin. my ribs also quite visible. oh and my tits are huge. also my thighs are thick but i have a small thigh gap. my weight is at the normal range.
But my hips are so wide tho it doesnt feel normal. i think my bodys shaped like an hourglass. idk. my hips have gotten wider than last year.
are very wide hips normal? or do i need to lose weight?
im 19 btw
I think they look nice, I'm exactly the same as you but at least we aren't really really skinny with no hips or anything else for that matter, wider hips are probably better too :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Lexiedoodle01
I think they look nice, I'm exactly the same as you but at least we aren't really really skinny with no hips or anything else for that matter, wider hips are probably better too :smile:

haha thats good then
Reply 3
You just described my ideal body (minus the big tits lol) it’s normal u don’t need to lose weight
Reply 4
i exercise everyday. strength training and cardio. i was just wondering if i should go into a calorie deficit to lose weight.
but thank you
Okay? Woow I feel so sorry for you blah blah
Sounds totally fine :smile: and doesnt sound like you need to lose weight either.
Original post by Anonymous
are very wide hips normal? my stomach is pretty flat and my waist is pretty thin. my ribs also quite visible. oh and my tits are huge. also my thighs are thick but i have a small thigh gap. my weight is at the normal range.
But my hips are so wide tho it doesnt feel normal. i think my bodys shaped like an hourglass. idk. my hips have gotten wider than last year.
im 19 btw

Hips are mainly genetic so having wide hips isn’t an indication that you need to lose weight
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
im 19 btw

Babe any size hips are normal . They're genetic

Look If you eat a tad unhealthily and aren't as active as you should be then yknow eat better and/or be more active in a manner healthy for you.
If you don't lose from eating as you should and being active as you should then that's the way you're body is and if you do lose a bit it's because you may have been a tad unhealthy and then doing what's right for you body got you to the way your body should be.

But your hips being wide isn't the reason you should think about weight but your lifestyle is, if you get what I mean. If your diet and how active you are is fine; don't change it xx
(edited 3 years ago)
I think if there was an abnormality there would be pain when you walk or something. Your body type sounds really nice to me and you are shaped that way to ease child birth and perhaps help fertilization. Some people have very narrow hips or long waist or short torso and that's all normal too.
No.

Quick Reply

Latest