Turn on thread page Beta

Almost drowning! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    In light of the recently revived thread, I thought I'd start this up.

I almost drowned when I was a baby. My uncle let go of me when I was a baby in the swimming pool. I guess I doggy vrawled it or something to the top-baby's natural instinct or something.
    Oddly enough, my older cousin told me that the same thing happened to her when she was a baby. :confused:
    That happen to anyone else when they were little, or even when they were older (I got cramp once and couldn't move, andhad to be helped to the side of the pool ).

ReputationRep:
    got into a bit of difficulty when i was about 7 on holiday in canada but thats about it

It's nice to know that I have had some influence on the Universe. Perhaps starting some huge chain reaction.

I fell over by a pool once: suffered serious concussion. Not entirely relevant, but when they tell you not to run near the pool, listen to them.

ReputationRep:
    i nearly drowned in spain in the water cos the current, i went forwar it pulled me back, nd there were these ppl jsut watching me drown! but i got out....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gossip_girl)
    i nearly drowned in spain in the water cos the current, i went forwar it pulled me back, nd there were these ppl jsut watching me drown! but i got out....
    Didn't they try to help you? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I jumped in without my floaties when i was about 4 i had to be fished out by the life guard

ReputationRep:
    Yes twice.

Once I was very little and on a crowded beach when a woman took me by the hand and started leading me out to the sea. She said her name was Flora and she lived in the ocean. Luckily my dad saw her and came to fetch me. We were quite a way out apparently but I was able to walk as it stayed quite shallow. What a freak of a woman huh. :eek:

The other time I was body-boarding in Cornwall (this time I was older but only about 12 or 13). I got on a wave but then another wave came straight over me. The cord tying me to the board got wrapped around me and I was face down in the water and couldn't move very well. My mum was telling me when the waves were coming so luckily she was nearby. Quite scary for a little while though.

ReputationRep:
    Before I could swim I got pushed in to a canal at night and fractured my wrist but the water was relatively shallow where I got pushed in so I managed to get out OK

ReputationRep:
    I've been pulled out quite a long way from shore by a rip current. However, I had my bodyboard with me and so was not in any risk of drowning. It took a long time to get back in though!

ReputationRep:
    babies up to 1 or 2 years (not sure) instinctively know how to swim from swimming in their mothers woumb :P
    I myself jumped in the sea, far out on ehrrm not a bridge, a wooden thingy that stretches out into the sea from the beach. Doggy swam or whatever and this is the first time I actually swam. Parents got panicked and jumped in to save me but I seemed to manage by myself...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Didn't they try to help you? :eek:
    nope stood there (or floated?) and watched me lol

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember actully

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    ...I guess I doggy vrawled it or something to the top-baby's natural instinct or something.
    You can hang a baby from a washing line. Its natural instinct is to hang on, so you can leave it there whilst you hang the washing out. Completely true.

ReputationRep:
    What if its arms get tired? LOL
    Babies are so lame.. they can't talk, can't walk. They're like rubbish small pensioners.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    In light of the recently revived thread, I thought I'd start this up.

I almost drowned when I was a baby. My uncle let go of me when I was a baby in the swimming pool. I guess I doggy vrawled it or something to the top-baby's natural instinct or something.
    Oddly enough, my older cousin told me that the same thing happened to her when she was a baby. :confused:
    That happen to anyone else when they were little, or even when they were older (I got cramp once and couldn't move, andhad to be helped to the side of the pool ).
    Yeah, I did when I was 3 or so. Some random guy jumped into the pool and scooped me off the bottom :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Oh my goodness me too! My Daddy is practically blind without his specs and he didn't notice that i'd flipped myself upside down in my rubber ring (aged about 1...)

ReputationRep:
    Yes! It's my second best hospital story. I was about ten, and I was seeing how far I could swim underwater. It was really far, but then my lungs started to hurt, but I didn't think it was important and then I was unconscious and blue. But then I got saved, and woke up, and was fine. Although, apparantly if I hadn't started breathing within the next ten seconds or so, I would have been dead...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    What if its arms get tired? LOL
    Babies are so lame.. they can't talk, can't walk. They're like rubbish small pensioners.
    are you dissing pensioners! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Bloody hell you poor people!

Luckilly, my mum took me to the swimming pool every week from when I was about 3 months old (before I could walk lol) and I got used to the water really quickly. Love it now, thankfully nothing's ever happened to make me fear the water. I'd hate to be afraid of drowning or anything like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    You can hang a baby from a washing line. Its natural instinct is to hang on, so you can leave it there whilst you hang the washing out. Completely true.
    Did you ever watch cold feet?

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.