Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Im 19 years old, everyone in my friendship group is 20 now and I’m still a teenager. I am a late birthday and especially me get judged by older people. I really have a soft spot for this woman who’s in her 30s but I just can’t be with her because I am too young, I can legally but any girl that age isn't going date someoneby age. Once I wanted to hire this car and it said you have to be 21 at least which was disappointing. Another time my family and me went to America, my uncles with everyone was going out for a drink with everyone then my parents said I won’t get in since the age is 21 to drink and we tried a few pubs over there who all asked if I'm 21.

I just have been the young kid in my school and I got sick of it. My college had a party before I turned 18 and I again couldn’t go because I was 17. When I was 16 I was the last one to learn to drive do by the time I started everyone passed. I just like girls older, I just find them more attractive but I can’t have them because I am too young and I am sick of my age being a barrier to everything.

I just want to live adults life and I thought i could once I hit 18. I used to go out to car convoys with middle aged men when I was 14 and people used to judge me for it including teachers. I have been less self conscious about my age since I turned 18 because I can do more stuff but still am. I thought when I turned 18 the world will be mine but it turns out it’s not. I feel like I missed out on a lot before I was born.
flaurie
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Do you have a question or did you just want to rant?
You can’t change how old you are or when your birthday is. Obviously it’s sucks that you’ve missed out on stuff because you’ve been a few months too young, but there’s nothing you can do about it
superbo9y
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
when we're young we complain we arent old to do stuff

when we get old we want to be young again
enjoy ur time whilst it lasts
thats all i gotta say
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Im 19 years old, everyone in my friendship group is 20 now and I’m still a teenager. I am a late birthday and especially me get judged by older people. I really have a soft spot for this woman who’s in her 30s but I just can’t be with her because I am too young, I can legally but any girl that age isn't going date someoneby age. Once I wanted to hire this car and it said you have to be 21 at least which was disappointing. Another time my family and me went to America, my uncles with everyone was going out for a drink with everyone then my parents said I won’t get in since the age is 21 to drink and we tried a few pubs over there who all asked if I'm 21.

I just have been the young kid in my school and I got sick of it. My college had a party before I turned 18 and I again couldn’t go because I was 17. When I was 16 I was the last one to learn to drive do by the time I started everyone passed. I just like girls older, I just find them more attractive but I can’t have them because I am too young and I am sick of my age being a barrier to everything.

I just want to live adults life and I thought i could once I hit 18. I used to go out to car convoys with middle aged men when I was 14 and people used to judge me for it including teachers. I have been less self conscious about my age since I turned 18 because I can do more stuff but still am. I thought when I turned 18 the world will be mine but it turns out it’s not. I feel like I missed out on a lot before I was born.
Just show some patience. There arent many things that require you to be older than 18. I cant see what the rush is and you seem to be making yourself unhappy for this reason which most people would find trivial. Have a feeling when you get to 21 and find its nothing special then you will find something else to be hard done by. Going blind, losing a leg, being on dialysis or having a terminal illness are things you might get upset about.

If you want to appeal to 30 year old women then you have to offer something other than being hard done by.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by laurawatt)
Do you have a question or did you just want to rant?
You can’t change how old you are or when your birthday is. Obviously it’s sucks that you’ve missed out on stuff because you’ve been a few months too young, but there’s nothing you can do about it
Rant
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 999tigger)
Just show some patience. There arent many things that require you to be older than 18. I cant see what the rush is and you seem to be making yourself unhappy for this reason which most people would find trivial. Have a feeling when you get to 21 and find its nothing special then you will find something else to be hard done by. Going blind, losing a leg, being on dialysis or having a terminal illness are things you might get upset about.

If you want to appeal to 30 year old women then you have to offer something other than being hard done by.
There's nothing really special about being young either
Anonymous #1
(Original post by superbo9y)
when we're young we complain we arent old to do stuff

when we get old we want to be young again
enjoy ur time whilst it lasts
thats all i gotta say
Alright
999tigger
Report 8 months ago
There's nothing really special about being young either
Think you will look differently at it when you are older. The idea that things will dramatically change when you get to 21 is false.
Anonymous #1
Think you will look differently at it when you are older. The idea that things will dramatically change when you get to 21 is false.
21 is still really young as well though
This guy on YouTube was 23 and he has a tesla yet his comments were full of people saying why is this kid driving a tesla at 23
999tigger
Report 8 months ago
So whatever age you are then you wont be happy and then you die. Mmmk.
Anonymous #1
So whatever age you are then you wont be happy and then you die. Mmmk.
I will be happy when people don't call me a kid anymore
999tigger
Report 8 months ago
I will be happy when people don't call me a kid anymore
Even your mum? Seems like you are intent on behaving like one. Strange thing to wish your ,life away like that.
When you are 25 you will wish you are 30, when you are 40 you will wish you are 50 and when / if ever you are finally happy, you will then wish youd not wasted so much time and wish you were younger. Anyway nothing constructive about your post its just moaning. The irony is you moan about not wanting to be treated like a child, yet you are doing a good job at behaving and thinking like one. Enjoy.
Last edited by 999tigger; 8 months ago
YaliaV123
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
You’ve created threads about this before. Utter nonsense.
Foxehh
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
No **** you werent allowed to go into a US bar under 21, thats the legal drinking age :lol: The States are odd though, you dont live there so you shouldnt focus on it. And your uncle was speaking nonsense, you dont have to be 21 to hire a car here.
Stop rushing your life. You'll look back on it someday and wish you were young again.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.38%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.16%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (44)
18.03%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.34%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (63)
25.82%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.26%

Watched Threads