The Student Room Group

economics degree

is there any unis that you can do a year abroad or work placement with your econ degree besides bristol?
ideally i would love to do half of the year abroad and half on work placement
I was going to apply to manchester and birmingham but I'm not sure if either of them offer that in the third year
Original post by ferinaa4
is there any unis that you can do a year abroad or work placement with your econ degree besides bristol?
I was going to apply to manchester and birmingham but I'm not sure if either of them offer that in the third year

not sure of the details but bath do :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by emileeeei
not sure of the details but bath do :smile:

yeah i saw they do but i don't reach the entry requirements :frown:
what are you predicted? lancaster and uea have year abroad with AAB, reading has one with a placement year for ABB
Reply 4
what are you predicted? lancaster and uea have year abroad with AAB, reading has one with a placement year for ABB

ABB but i live in reading so don't particularly want to go there lmaoo
ABB but i live in reading so don't particularly want to go there lmaoo

oh really? im like 30 minutes away hahah
i looked at the ucas hub and filtered by tarrif points (sometimes the unis have slightly higher entrance requirements than what you gave ucas tho):

for the placement year:
bradford
cardiff
essex
hull
york st johns

year abroad:
essex
kent
swansea
Reply 7
i looked at the ucas hub and filtered by tarrif points (sometimes the unis have slightly higher entrance requirements than what you gave ucas tho):

for the placement year:
bradford
cardiff
essex
hull
york st johns

year abroad:
essex
kent
swansea

omg thank you sm :smile: i was already gonna apply to essex but hadn't thought about the others
omg thank you sm :smile: i was already gonna apply to essex but hadn't thought about the others

np

Hi @ferinaa4

Details about our Economics degree can be found on our website with all the different study options including a year abroad or a year of placement - https://www.hull.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/economics-bsc-hons

Our entry requirements for this course are 120 UCAS Points (BBB). More details about our entry requirements are available on our website

Six reasons to study Economics at Hull:
95% employability rating*
Study at an AACSB accredited Business School
Opportunity to take a one-trimester internship in your final year
Option to study abroad or go on placement for a year
Access our Bloomberg Financial Markets Laboratory
Develop skills for a wide range of careers and industries

We have the last of our virtual open days happening on 7th & 8th January which would be a perfect opportunity to find out more about the course and ask any questions which you may have. Details about this are also available on our website - https://www.hull.ac.uk/choose-hull/study-at-hull/visit-us/open-days

Emily
University of Hull Student Representative

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending