vibinhard
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Ok, I've got a couple of questions:

1. Are the gcse exam questions always just one on a theme or character analysis essay?
2. Is there a specific number or list of themes I need to revise?
3. Is there a specific list of characters that can come up as a question?
4. Anyone have any file of analysis they would like to share?
Thank you
laurenzdike
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
I did my GCSE in 2019 and we had both a theme question and a character question. T combat this I revised instances where the character and the theme are in full display. For example when Lady Macbeth is monologuing about her brest milk being poisonous if I remember correctly (sorry its been a long time since I have read Macbeth), I mentiond how her character seems very harsh and unsympathetic beacause she is literally talking about killing a child. The theme then was about guiltlessness. So my advice is to remember important lines from importnat scenes. Even though it might seem very obvious and not so perceptive because everybody else used the same quote as you, as long as you explain your quote very sophisticatedly and make sure that you are using the quote properly there is no way they cannot award you the marks. (as I said even if you think the quote doesnt relate to your question, as long as you somehow find a link and adequately explain it they have to give you marks).
vibinhard
Rep:
(Original post by laurenzdike)
I did my GCSE in 2019 and we had both a theme question and a character question. T combat this I revised instances where the character and the theme are in full display. For example when Lady Macbeth is monologuing about her brest milk being poisonous if I remember correctly (sorry its been a long time since I have read Macbeth), I mentiond how her character seems very harsh and unsympathetic beacause she is literally talking about killing a child. The theme then was about guiltlessness. So my advice is to remember important lines from importnat scenes. Even though it might seem very obvious and not so perceptive because everybody else used the same quote as you, as long as you explain your quote very sophisticatedly and make sure that you are using the quote properly there is no way they cannot award you the marks. (as I said even if you think the quote doesnt relate to your question, as long as you somehow find a link and adequately explain it they have to give you marks).
thank you for that
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by vibinhard)
Ok, I've got a couple of questions:

1. Are the gcse exam questions always just one on a theme or character analysis essay?
Thank you
1. Are the GCSE exam questions always just one on a theme or character analysis essay?
You will be given one exam-question and it will be either a theme or a character analysis.

No, but if you practice the main themes (ambition, kingship, violence etc) you will be fine.

Revise all the characters but the mains ones (Macbeth, Lady Macbeth, The Witches etc) should be covered in more detail.

Unfortunately, I threw out most of my stuff but this website has good analysis:
https://genius.com/search?q=macbeth
vibinhard
Rep:
(Original post by 5hyl33n)
1. Are the GCSE exam questions always just one on a theme or character analysis essay?
You will be given one exam-question and it will be either a theme or a character analysis.

No, but if you practice the main themes (ambition, kingship, violence etc) you will be fine.

Revise all the characters but the mains ones (Macbeth, Lady Macbeth, The Witches etc) should be covered in more detail.

Unfortunately, I threw out most of my stuff but this website has good analysis:
https://genius.com/search?q=macbeth
appreciate it👍
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (66)
12.24%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.67%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (141)
26.16%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
8.16%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (261)
48.42%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.34%

Watched Threads