The Student Room Group

computer science

How competitive is Computer Science in the UK? I am an international applicant planning on applying to the UK. Also while writing my personal statement what things do I talk about that are non-academic that I can link to Computer Science, like things I do in my leisure, etc. Any examples would be helpful
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by theboss2786
How competitive is Computer Science in the UK? I am an international applicant planning on applying to the UK. Also while writing my personal statement what things do I talk about that are non-academic that I can link to Computer Science, like things I do in my leisure, etc. Any examples would be helpful

It will depend on the university you are applying to and the grades you have / are likely to achieve in A levels or equivalent. Entry to some high ranked courses is extremely competitive, even for the best students. For lower ranked universities / courses less so. You need to give a bit of context on you and your expected grades and level of ambition.

Yes, a few non course specific things about you can make for a stronger personal statement, it shows for example that you can manage academic work while still having enough bandwidth left to play a sport / instrument / climb mountains / volunteer etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending