Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Hey, If i get accepted into Newcastle I'm definitely going to firm it but I don't know anyone going and I feel a lot of people in Newcastle focus a lot on the nightlife, Im going to be doing a very intense course and Id like academic friends to help me prioritise my studies. But don't get me wrong I would still enjoy going out, just not as often as others. Also I'm sorta worried that cos Newcastle is really in the North there will be a huge lack of diversity and I need to be friends w people that are clean (who use lotas) and share similar culture to me so I don't feel homesick, are there any desi people thinking of living at Newcastle?
Newcastle University
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey, If i get accepted into Newcastle I'm definitely going to firm it but I don't know anyone going and I feel a lot of people in Newcastle focus a lot on the nightlife, Im going to be doing a very intense course and Id like academic friends to help me prioritise my studies. But don't get me wrong I would still enjoy going out, just not as often as others. Also I'm sorta worried that cos Newcastle is really in the North there will be a huge lack of diversity and I need to be friends w people that are clean (who use lotas) and share similar culture to me so I don't feel homesick, are there any desi people thinking of living at Newcastle?
Hi Anonymous,

It's great to hear you're interested in coming to Newcastle and studying with us It is completely normal to feel worried or anxious about moving to a new city and that's why we aim to create a warm and welcoming community prior to your arrival. For 2021/2022, we have created a Facebook Offer Holders group where you can meet likeminded students, find your course friends and even meet your flatmates. You can find the group and apply here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/819469368820001. You can also reach many of our current students via our Unibuddy platform! Here you can chat to students from all backgrounds, courses and interests and ask them anything about studying at Newcastle. You can find this here: https://www.ncl.ac.uk/study/contact/unibuddy/.

In terms of Newcastle as a city, it is a wonderful place full of opportunities beyond it's nightlife. To reassure you, we actually have a blogpost on the range of activities available in Newcastle, you can read more here: https://belong.ncl.ac.uk/blog/teetotal-in-newcastle. To learn more about studying and living in Newcastle, you can find more blogposts here via our Belong Blog: https://belong.ncl.ac.uk/blog#topic. Here you can find student stories, study tips, stories about our city and much much more.

Hope this helps! If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Laura
elmo_tears
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hey, well I just got accepted into Newcastle uni, and I got a conditional so I don't know whether I will definitely get in but I think I will firm it so if you would like to be mates that would be great cos I don't know anyone either. However, I don't know whether I don't think we share a similar culture, but I'm nice and I really need friends
nehapartha
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 23 hours ago
Hey there, fellow desi person here applying to Newcastle for undergrad I'd love to hang out if we both get in and, also not that big on partying and considering expenses in uk i'd probably be too broke to even go out lmao.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (42)
12.8%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (88)
26.83%
I'm a bit unsure (60)
18.29%
I'm finding things difficult (111)
33.84%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (27)
8.23%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed