The Student Room Group

would you date a chubby guy?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
yes I’m aware nobody said that, but I did. In my original post I asked “why judge someone because of their looks?”. I used the word JUDGE, hence meaning refusing to get to know. Judge means to make a decision about someone based on an interaction or a visual thing.

But dating isn't merely getting to know someone, my question was about dating, not getting to know. Dating's getting to know someone with the prospect of becoming lovers or partners. I don't date my best friend when we go out, he's my friend.
But dating isn't merely getting to know someone, my question was about dating, not getting to know. Dating's getting to know someone with the prospect of becoming lovers or partners. I don't date my best friend when we go out, he's my friend.

obviously? that has nothing to do with anything ive said? you get to know someone and then choose whether to pursue a relationship with them, no? you don’t always get to know someone just to date them. you could know someone for ages before choosing to pursue a relationship with them. your point is majorly flawed.
Reply 62
Of course, there is nothing wrong with having an out-of-the-normal scale. It's all about if you're compatible and like their personality and interests. Anyway, you could always lose weight.
obviously? that has nothing to do with anything ive said? you get to know someone and then choose whether to pursue a relationship with them, no? you don’t always get to know someone just to date them. you could know someone for ages before choosing to pursue a relationship with them. your point is majorly flawed.

It does. I will get to know many guys but I wouldn't choose to pursue a relationship with them because I am not attracted to men. Equally, some people will get to know chubby men but wouldn't choose to pursue a relationship with them because they are not attracted to chubby men. It's not that different.
It does. I will get to know many guys but I wouldn't choose to pursue a relationship with them because I am not attracted to men. Equally, some people will get to know chubby men but wouldn't choose to pursue a relationship with them because they are not attracted to chubby men. It's not that different.

Yes, exactly? Your point has nothing to do with anything ive said? I said it was rude and wrong to refuse to get to know someone because they’re overweight. I never said you had to date them. So far you’ve agreed with my point, so what exactly are you trying to prove by repeatedly replying to me? All your doing is agreeing with me?
Yes, exactly? Your point has nothing to do with anything ive said? I said it was rude and wrong to refuse to get to know someone because they’re overweight. I never said you had to date them. So far you’ve agreed with my point, so what exactly are you trying to prove by repeatedly replying to me? All your doing is agreeing with me?

i dont get why you are defensive im trying to clear things out....
As a cubby girl myself, I would definitely concider it. I'm not going to lie, more built men defo have an advantage in dating (the same rings true for girls) but I wouldn't completely disregard dating someone just for being chubby. As many people have also said before, it also depends on attraction, like you have to be attracted to the other to date.

Edit: I feel like I'm getting in the middle of something here lmao
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by SnowflakeSun
As a cubby girl myself, I would definitely concider it. I'm not going to lie, more built men defo have an advantage in dating (the same rings true for girls) but I wouldn't completely disregard dating someone just for being chubby. As many people have also said before, it also depends on attraction, like you have to be attracted to the other to date.

Edit: I feel like I'm getting in the middle of something here lmao

You aren't, I didn't understand why they got so defensive and I'm not gonna continue.
if you refuse to date someone for the sole fact they’re overweight, it’s judging. you are judging their looks which leads you to not be attracted to someone. people can have preferences, yes. but it’s straight up rude to refuse to get to know someone just because they’re “fat”.

It's refusing to date somebody you're no attracted to. Also, you can 'get to know somebody' without dating them or being in a relationship with them. Choosing to have nothing to do with somebody because they are fat is a whole different issue and not what I believe anybody is talking about here. But choosing to not date somebody before/after you've 'got to know them' because you aren't attracted to them is fine.
bmi 25-27.5 with a decent amount of muscle?
why not?
bmi 25-27.5 with a decent amount of muscle?
why not?

Many chubby men will have muscle especially if they lift weights but not necessarily
Reply 71
Depends how chubby
Original post by djkaye
Depends how chubby

https://i.insider.com/56b1e30e2e5265b6008b45b5?width=600&format=jpeg&auto=webp

Say like the guy on the far left.
Body type usually isn't a hindrance for me.
Reply 74

Yeah. I mean I'm not attracted to him specifically but I wouldn't be against somebody like that.
Original post by djkaye
Yeah. I mean I'm not attracted to him specifically but I wouldn't be against somebody like that.

not him, really, its just a body type, his face can look like anything
Reply 76
I mean for me, I like chubby guys who have a healthy lifestyle. So yes, I don't mind :wink:
Original post by Ojiem
I mean for me, I like chubby guys who have a healthy lifestyle. So yes, I don't mind :wink:

That is my ideal as well ... chubby girls who are into sports. I'm chubby and I do boxing. swimming and weight lifting but still am chubby because I eat more than my body burns. I don't really eat junk either but good, nutritious foods like eggs, pasta, rice, beef, shellfish, etc can be delicious and quite calorific lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending