Adopted from China

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi everyone!

Is anyone else on TSR adopted from China due to the one-child policy?

I was adopted in 2003 from China and now am in England. I feel like I'm lucky but I sometimes overthink it.

Let me know your thoughts!
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi everyone!

Is anyone else on TSR adopted from China due to the one-child policy?

I was adopted in 2003 from China and now am in England. I feel like I'm lucky but I sometimes overthink it.

Let me know your thoughts!
I thought they relaxed the one child rule?
TSR has loads of people called anonymous.
In general I think you will have a better life.
It will be a very different life and you will end up a very different person.
Are your adoptive parents Caucasian of East Asian?
Are you the only child?
How old were you when adopted?
There was a BBC drama with Katie Leung in 2016 about this and also ofc lots of serious journalism about the consequences when it first happened. Also a lot of interesting articles about the further consequences about a shortage of girls.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 999tigger)
I thought they relaxed the one child rule?
TSR has loads of people called anonymous.
In general I think you will have a better life.
It will be a very different life and you will end up a very different person.
Are your adoptive parents Caucasian of East Asian?
Are you the only child?
How old were you when adopted?
There was a BBC drama with Katie Leung in 2016 about this and also ofc lots of serious journalism about the consequences when it first happened. Also a lot of interesting articles about the further consequences about a shortage of girls.
They ended it in 2016

My mum is half asian and my dad is white

Yeah I'm an only child

I was 10 months when I was adopted

The one child policy increased the number of forced abortions and suicides as well as the number of girls being abandoned.
999tigger
Report 5 months ago
They ended it in 2016

My mum is half asian and my dad is white

Yeah I'm an only child

I was 10 months when I was adopted

The one child policy increased the number of forced abortions and suicides as well as the number of girls being abandoned.
Yes it was a regular nerws item, but not a lot you can do about the Chinese state.
Were you in an orphonage or had any contact with parents?

Imo parents are the ones who raise you. I hope you are treated well and you go on to reach your full potential. I was in the Chinese supermarket yesterday and even in their Chinese people move round in groups, was strange to see and annoying to get past.
Last edited by 999tigger; 5 months ago
Anonymous #1
L

(Original post by 999tigger)
Yes it was a regular nerws item, but not a lot you can do about the Chinese state.
Were you in an orphonage or had any contact with parents?

Imo parents are the ones who raise you. I hope you are treated well and you go on to reach your full potential. I was in the Chinese supermarket yesterday and even in their Chinese people move round in groups, was strange to see and annoying to get past.
A lot of people say who are your “real parents” and I say the parents I have now. I agree with you about that.
999tigger
Report 5 months ago
L

A lot of people say who are your “real parents” and I say the parents I have now. I agree with you about that.
I think they are clumsy and dont really appreciate the dynamics. As I said its all about reaching your potential and being someone you want to be. the west is much more about individuals. Can you or do you speak any Chinese? If you have the opportunity then learn.
Do you have any Chinese friends?
snowball_cat
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Don’t really know how to feel about it. It seems to have more cons than pros
Last edited by snowball_cat; 4 weeks ago
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi! I’m a 2003 adoptee from China too who lives in England.

Tbh it sucks sometimes and people don’t understand unless they’re an adoptee as well. I hate how people assume everything is going to be ok and you’ll be like everyone else because you’re in a new country. They ask really insensitive things
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (96)
27.51%
No (253)
72.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise