toast2345
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I am confused as to which would be the best possible way to go about this, I picked my subjects in year 8 and started them in year 9. My parents made me pick computer science and I didn't enjoy it at all but I could not do much about it due to covid and lockdown. I am now in year 10 and I'm struggling a lot, I hate the subject, I am finding it difficult in class and I have no passion to continue it yet my parents won't listen to me and I think it's too late to switch to another subject as there has already been a year with it yet I don't think I can continue with this subject at all, I should not have been made to pick when I was 12. I am confused with what I can do now, do you have any advice?
Frozetman
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by toast2345)
I am confused as to which would be the best possible way to go about this, I picked my subjects in year 8 and started them in year 9. My parents made me pick computer science and I didn't enjoy it at all but I could not do much about it due to covid and lockdown. I am now in year 10 and I'm struggling a lot, I hate the subject, I am finding it difficult in class and I have no passion to continue it yet my parents won't listen to me and I think it's too late to switch to another subject as there has already been a year with it yet I don't think I can continue with this subject at all, I should not have been made to pick when I was 12. I am confused with what I can do now, do you have any advice?
I'm not sure how many GCSE's u do but if u rlly feel that u can't continue with computer science maybe you could ask ur school to drop it. However if you feel that u could at least get a passing grade it would be good to keep it as sometimes universities/ employers require a specific number of GCSE's to be accepted
cherrymandycand
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by toast2345)
I made a very long post about advice on dropping a gcse subject here: When and how to drop a gcse subject BEST ADVICE -copy n paste title into search and it’ll come up. I’m also in year 10 and I was able to swap my subject in November. Read my post then PM me if you want more advice!
katnissprim0
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
It’s a bit late in the year to change an option and it might be difficult for you to catch up on all of the content.
Having said that, if the new option you now want to take on it something you feel won’t be stressful and a burden to you, then go for it!
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by katnissprim0)
It’s a bit late in the year to change an option and it might be difficult for you to catch up on all of the content.
Having said that, if the new option you now want to take on it something you feel won’t be stressful and a burden to you, then go for it!
I agree.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (21)
14.48%
I need help researching courses (8)
5.52%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
4.83%
I need help with my personal statement (60)
41.38%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (36)
24.83%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.07%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (10)
6.9%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed