This discussion is closed.
CletusPotter
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi everyone, earlier on I was ripped off by employees of a certain care firm. Now one of them, called Alan, is back and is threatening me for money, because apparently I owe money to both his firm, and to the mother of one of his former clients. In both cases the money was for fees that were paid to release funds that were supposedly left for me. As I stood my ground and wouldn't pay anymore money, I have now received no end of **** from Alan including threats to turn up at my address, steal and destroy my Dad's car, stalk me at college, and then kill me. What should I do apart from contacting the Police? Thanks.
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Whatever the police tell you to do
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Yeah you're v much into 'Police' rather than 'Bored Students' territory here.
CletusPotter
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by StriderHort)
Yeah you're v much into 'Police' rather than 'Bored Students' territory here.
PRSOM, I wish I had you living in my house.
Neenaw weewoo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by CletusPotter)
Hi everyone, earlier on I was ripped off by employees of a certain care firm. Now one of them, called Alan, is back and is threatening me for money, because apparently I owe money to both his firm, and to the mother of one of his former clients. In both cases the money was for fees that were paid to release funds that were supposedly left for me. As I stood my ground and wouldn't pay anymore money, I have now received no end of **** from Alan including threats to turn up at my address, steal and destroy my Dad's car, stalk me at college, and then kill me. What should I do apart from contacting the Police? Thanks.
The debts are civil. Murder threats are criminal. Call 101 or use your local force's website and let them know.
YaliaV123
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
That pesky Alan
RedGiant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Section 21 Theft Act 1968, blackmail is a criminal offence, as is harassment. Contact the police ASAP.
glassalice
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Don't delete any of the messages he has sent you.
Inform this pesky Alan that you are contacting the police, so it would be wise for him to stop his harassment/ threat campaign.
CletusPotter
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by glassalice)
Don't delete any of the messages he has sent you.
Inform this pesky Alan that you are contacting the police, so it would be wise for him to stop his harassment/ threat campaign.
Done. I did that, but he didn't care. I wouldn't do that in the future, as it risks agitating the criminal and causing further issues for the record.
Filthy Communist
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CletusPotter)
Done. I did that, but he didn't care. I wouldn't do that in the future, as it risks agitating the criminal and causing further issues for the record.
Well how exactly do you plan on dealing with him if not by contacting the police? As we all know from Neville Chamberlain's mistakes, allowing an angry crazy guy to do angry crazy things in an attempt to appease them does not end well.
CletusPotter
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Filthy Communist)
Well how exactly do you plan on dealing with him if not by contacting the police? As we all know from Neville Chamberlain's mistakes, allowing an angry crazy guy to do angry crazy things in an attempt to appease them does not end well.
No I meant I'd go to the Police, but do it discreetly i.e. refrain from announcing the fact to the perp directly. That's the Police's job, not mine.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (17)
16.19%
I need help researching courses (8)
7.62%
I need help with filling out the application form (6)
5.71%
I need help with my personal statement (42)
40%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (25)
23.81%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
1.9%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (5)
4.76%

Watched Threads