The Student Room Group

Durham Primary Education interview 2021

Has anyone had an interview with Durham for a BA Primary Education? Mine is next week and I was wondering what it was like?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 302010
Has anyone had an interview with Durham for a BA Primary Education? Mine is next week and I was wondering what it was like?

Can't help with Durham specifically, but this article should be able to give you some advice: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/jobs/careers/teaching/teacher-training-interview-advice
:smile:
I had an interview at Durham for Primary Education . It was absolutely fine. Presentation on artefact, presentation on favourite subject and then a few questions. Very friendly interviewers. Don’t worry you’ll be fine. Good luck!
For the presentations, obviously you need an artefact to show, but did you use any other materials or did you just talk? As I’m not sure if I need to prepare anything else
Original post by Jessball_
For the presentations, obviously you need an artefact to show, but did you use any other materials or did you just talk? As I’m not sure if I need to prepare anything

I just talked. I had a presentation prepared for my favourite subject but there was no need to show them it they were happy to just listen. There isn’t enough time really to do anything else. Good luck
Original post by Echopuppy
I just talked. I had a presentation prepared for my favourite subject but there was no need to show them it they were happy to just listen. There isn’t enough time really to do anything else. Good luck

Thank you so much!!
Let me know if you get a place and are going to Durham as I’ve just accepted my place there. Emily
Thank you so much!!
I had my interview yesterday with them and my interviewers were lovely so you’ll be fine!🤗
Original post by katiiemctigue
I had my interview yesterday with them and my interviewers were lovely so you’ll be fine!🤗

Let me know how you get on! Emily
Let me know if you get a place and are going to Durham as I’ve just accepted my place there. Emily

How long did they take to give you an offer?😆
Original post by katiiemctigue
How long did they take to give you an offer?😆

I had mine on 16th December and found out beginning of Jan but they said they’d had a technical problem with their computer system so I should have heard before Xmas. So I think normally it’s really quick.
Thank you!! The suspense is killing me🤣
Guys, you're scaring me.... I applied in November and I haven't hear ANYTHING since they confirmed my application got to them!! How long did it take them to get back to you about having an interview and how long in advance were you given to prepare?

Hi Emily! I just received my offer!! Do you want to share instas or something???
Hi Emily! I just received my offer!! Do you want to share instas or something???

Oh brilliant. Yes that would be great!
Hi, I have my interview next week and I was just wondering what types of questions did they ask you?
Original post by Erinmilner
Hi, I have my interview next week and I was just wondering what types of questions did they ask you?

There was the artefact, subject presentation and a few questions. No surprises so please don’t worry
Oh brilliant. Yes that would be great!

My Instagram is _jessball x
There was the artefact, subject presentation and a few questions. No surprises so please don’t worry

Thank you! I am really nervous but hopefully it will go okay
I have an interview this year and tit requests for us to read the keeping children safe in education document, did you guys have to do this? x

Quick Reply

Latest