The Student Room Group

Pretty sure he likes me. How to ask him out during corona?

So, i met the guy during summer academy this summer. He was 19 and i 17. We clicked, and we have been texting nearly every day since (we don't text much, but consistently and we both make effort to keep the convo going). During the week long summer school we danced one evening and the next one we talked until 3 am. Once he hasn't replied for a week, but then he apologised as he went on unplanned trip to Bulgaria and his phone was off signal. Two days later i got a postcard from him from Bulgaria which had international stamp (i am 100 sure it was real, someone tagged him in facebook post later). He remembered my adress only from me showing him on google maps where i live at 3 am. I also sent him a postcard (got his adress from one of his friends i also met at the summer school). We live about 2, 5 hours apart by train. Recently we started to play chess on messenger call (so far 4 times in total, first two had one week distance between them, then everything started to get hectic for both of us so it was 2 weeks apart). We both have our board physicaly before us and tell each other what piece are we moving where. First we had only audio but now we had both cameras on and we played/talked for four and half hours. We started playing at around 1:30 am and we hung up nearly at 6 am. After each call, we usuall don't text for like 2 to 4 days and then one of us starts the convo again. Since he previously said that he is not a big fan of texting (me neither) but he still takes the effort to text me and keep the conversation going, i am assuming that he likes me. We also have similar hobbies we like long board games, we both love museum etc. PROBLEM IS thanks to hanging out with his friends during the summer academy (before i even started to talk to him, i didn't know they were friends) i know that he is unsure about making the move. He also said to me that he is never sure about signals from girls when we talked about different signals and hints in interpersonal communication. So i am pretty sure he likes me but won't make the first move, at least not by text. We have planned a trip with him, his friends which i hung out at the summer academy and one girl which hung out with us to the city of the girl and then the girl and i want to visit their city (the boys are all studying university in the same city). I was kinda betting on that and on alcohol loosening both of us up a little bit (i tend to get a bit anxious and nervous) but we have really tough coronavirus restrictions. We can meet only outside and only in the groups of 2. So our trip is cancelled for the time being. Cafés restaurants and every non essential shop and museums are closed. So the only place we can meet is either outside or in my house (i live with my parents and two sisters) or in his university flat (he lives there with 3 other boys) or his family house. But it is weird to just ride a train for 2 and half hours only to take a walk outside while it is freezing, or to just visit each others home as i think that would be quite quick and stressful for both of us. So, what do i do? I am willing to make the first move, but if i wrote that in messenger message i would have a huge anxiety about that and probably would end up deleting the message before he read it. I was thinking about sending him a letter/postcard, as i can ad to the bottom that he can just pretend he didn't get postcard if he doesn't feel the same. Also i won't be able to take it back once i send it, which is a plus. I would probably write him in azbuka, as an inside joke, (he wrote the postcard in our language but then converted the latin letters to azbuka as he was writing from Bulgaria where they use it and i did the same when i send him a postcard back.). I have never been in a relationship and i am a virgin. I also couldn't believe he likes me for a while, because he is incredibly active person (does sports - he is very fit, debates, travels a lot) while i only stopped being a couch potato with no social life a year ago. Omg i cannot believe i wrote such an essay on a boy trouble. If you read the whole thread thank you! I would appreciate any advice.
Reply 1
Bump

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending