The Student Room Group
Have you missed a period? Best to get tested but even more so if you have.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Have you missed a period? Best to get tested but even more so if you have.

My period is due on the 5th so I'll wait and see. Would it be possible to get tested before my period or no?
My period is due on the 5th so I'll wait and see. Would it be possible to get tested before my period or no?

not many tests are accurate before the date period should appear, so better do it if you don't get the period tomorrow
wishing you all the best, take care!

You can do a pregnancy test after at least 3 weeks after you had sex
Reply 5
Original post by black tea
You can do a pregnancy test after at least 3 weeks after you had sex

Would pharmacies be open for services about pregnancy?
Would pharmacies be open for services about pregnancy?

should be
Reply 7
I've taken a pregnancy test. It came back negative but I've been feeling really unwell and sick. I think I might be pregnant. How long should I wait before taking another test?
I've taken a pregnancy test. It came back negative but I've been feeling really unwell and sick. I think I might be pregnant. How long should I wait before taking another test?

If it has even more than 3 weeks since you last had sex and the test worked correctly and is negative, you are not pregnant.
Reply 9
If it has even more than 3 weeks since you last had sex and the test worked correctly and is negative, you are not pregnant.

It's been almost 5 weeks now, so I don't know why I've been feeling unwell lately and throwing up
It's been almost 5 weeks now, so I don't know why I've been feeling unwell lately and throwing up

There could be lots of reasons. I would suggest speaking to your GP if you are concerned.

I did another test just today and it was positive. Does that mean the previous test might've been faulty?
I did another test just today and it was positive. Does that mean the previous test might've been faulty?

positive tests are very very rarely wrong so the chances of you being pregnant now you’ve got a positive are pretty much certain. False negatives happen quite a lot. Id do a few more tests to be 100% certain.
positive tests are very very rarely wrong so the chances of you being pregnant now you’ve got a positive are pretty much certain. False negatives happen quite a lot. Id do a few more tests to be 100% certain.

I did a few more and they all were positive. Thinking about what to do now.

It was probably just too early for it to be positive at that point. 3-4 weeks from when you had sex is when they start to be able to pick up that you are pregnant.
(edited 3 years ago)
I did a few more and they all were positive. Thinking about what to do now.

yeah if they were all positive you’re definitely pregnant. There plenty of options, so you have anyone to talk to family etc?
Original post by Nikhita1
yeah if they were all positive you’re definitely pregnant. There plenty of options, so you have anyone to talk to family etc?

Tried to tell the father but he doesn't think the baby is his. Looked up my options but it's tricky to get a GP appointment with COVID. Feeling lost at the moment.
I've decided I'm not going to keep the baby. Thanks for the support of those who replied
I've decided I'm not going to keep the baby. Thanks for the support of those who replied

Hi did you find out if you are pregnant?
Reply if you need any help. I had my baby at 16 and I know about how abortion works etc as I was going to go ahead with that.
Please make an appointment with your GP. Don’t worry what they think. It’s either this or wait until a baby pops out which you don’t want!!!!

Tried to tell the father but he doesn't think the baby is his. Looked up my options but it's tricky to get a GP appointment with COVID. Feeling lost at the moment.

Sorry I just seen that you are pregnant.
Definitely think about what you want to do.

Option 1. Keep the baby. Very tough journey ahead (but so worth it) make sure you have a support bubble and you can claim benefits if needed.

Option 2. Adoption. This would be so hard so I really don’t think that you’d want this. You’ll regret it so much.

Option 3. Abortion. It will be so tough but at least you won’t have to go through full term pregnancy. The earlier you get it sorted the better. Don’t tell anyone, unless you really trust them.

Good luck on whatever you decide. Always here. Mistakes happen.

Latest