The Student Room Group

Some people love leading people on.

Not a question. A rant.

Yes, I got turned down by a girl I fancied, but oh well, it isn't the first time and I can take it no problem.

I pick up on cues quite well, except in this case maybe.

She was literally showing plenty of signs the attraction was somewhat mutual, but turns out she wasn't and she "does it to everyone".

If she does it to everyone no wonder some guys she isn't into are asking her out or making moves. It shouldn't come as a surprise.

Major turnoff recently was her saying "I don't want to dress classy, I want to dress like a slut". Right... this ladies, is the nail in the coffin for most guys. Not only that but ladies who are extremely flirting with everyone are a massive turn off too.

Obviously not all women are like this, I've met plenty who are honest about what they want and what they don't want and don't lead people on like this.

Scroll to see replies

And some guys are the same 🤷🏼*♀️
Reply 2
Original post by GabiAbi84
And some guys are the same 🤷🏼*♀️

I totally agree! Don't get me wrong... I've known a few guys (not friends) who have led girls on and it's sickening, it really is.

I just believe that in most relationships, dating and marriages -and I think this is pretty much undeniable - that women hold most if not all the cards.
guys do the same.

just move on. you’ll make it worse by dwelling over it. she didn’t want to be with you and that’s that. find someone new.
Reply 4
If 'thats just how she is', then she's likely not meaning to lead you on, it could just be her personality.
Im quite bubbly and can be touchy, Ive been told it seems I like to lead people on. Its not intentional and doesnt feel great turning people down who assumed the feelings were mutual.
And then of course there are some people who flirt for the fun of it. If thats something you dont want to be hurt by, make sure to clarify where you stand while getting into talking to someone.
Maybe you came across too wimpy and emotional. Girls don't like that kinda stuff. They love a confident masculine guy. A guy who oozes an alpa male personality.

See the thing is, you're chasing her too much. Which makes you look needy. They don't like needy guys. I'm usually a d*ck to girls and they always fall in love.

I get girls telling me they love my attitude cos I don't give a f*ck, they say they can't stand emotional guys. So don't be that emotional guy. Nice guys finish last.

You act like she's the only b*tch you can get bruh. Go talk to another girl and move on. Plenty fish.
Reply 6
As the saying goes (or at least I think it does) - 'there are plenty more fish in the sea.'

Spoiler

Reply 7
Original post by LovelyMrFox
If 'thats just how she is', then she's likely not meaning to lead you on, it could just be her personality.
Im quite bubbly and can be touchy, Ive been told it seems I like to lead people on. Its not intentional and doesnt feel great turning people down who assumed the feelings were mutual.
And then of course there are some people who flirt for the fun of it. If thats something you dont want to be hurt by, make sure to clarify where you stand while getting into talking to someone.

Sure, it may not be intentional as you say, but you have to realise that it's unfair on others. That's how dating should work. Don't flirt with people you have no interest in and you won't find yourself in the awkward position of being chased by someone who is genuinely flirting and having to turn them down.
Reply 8
Original post by gtty123
As the saying goes (or at least I think it does) - 'there are plenty more fish in the sea.'

Spoiler

Well it's a pretty common site in the sea?
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous

Sight*
Original post by Freshprince2442
Maybe you came across too wimpy and emotional. Girls don't like that kinda stuff. They love a confident masculine guy. A guy who oozes an alpa male personality.

See the thing is, you're chasing her too much. Which makes you look needy. They don't like needy guys. I'm usually a d*ck to girls and they always fall in love.

I get girls telling me they love my attitude cos I don't give a f*ck, they say they can't stand emotional guys. So don't be that emotional guy. Nice guys finish last.

You act like she's the only b*tch you can get bruh. Go talk to another girl and move on. Plenty fish.

This is the kind of pseudo-science you get from relationship coaches. It's good for casual dating and sex, but it's not the way to go for anything long term.
Reply 11
Sure, it may not be intentional as you say, but you have to realise that it's unfair on others. That's how dating should work. Don't flirt with people you have no interest in and you won't find yourself in the awkward position of being chased by someone who is genuinely flirting and having to turn them down.

Its not flirting if they're just overly friendly to everyone. People just misinterpret it.
Its not flirting if they're just overly friendly to everyone. People just misinterpret it.

But people can take it for flirting, can't they... You can be who you want to be, just consider that not everyone thinks like you? This goes for men and women

You mean sight? Even so, "fish" sounds off lol.
Reply 14
But people can take it for flirting, can't they... You can be who you want to be, just consider that not everyone thinks like you? This goes for men and women

Sure. But its not her fault if you fall head over heels for her on the single basis that she's nice to you. Recognizing the difference between someone being flirty to just you and just being nice to everyone is important.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by gtty123
You mean sight? Even so, "fish" sounds off lol.

I corrected myself.

Would you rather "Plenty of whales in the sea?" lol
Meh, not her fault if you fall head over heals for her on the single basis that she's nice to you. Recognizing the difference between someone being flirty to just you and just being nice to everyone is important.

No one is talking about "falling head over heels". If a girl I fancy is showing signs she fancies me too, of course I'm going to make a move - it's only normal.

"Recognizing the difference between someone being flirty to just you and just being nice to everyone is important." - That's exactly my point!!! You even said it yourself, sometimes people flirt and it's just friendly to them, but to others it's something more. It needs to go both ways. You BOTH need to make it clear from the start what your intentions are.

Stop wasting your time, and stop wasting their time.
I corrected myself.

Would you rather "Plenty of whales in the sea?" lol

I noticed that after lol.

Touché.
Reply 18
No one is talking about "falling head over heels". If a girl I fancy is showing signs she fancies me too, of course I'm going to make a move - it's only normal.

"Recognizing the difference between someone being flirty to just you and just being nice to everyone is important." - That's exactly my point!!! You even said it yourself, sometimes people flirt and it's just friendly to them, but to others it's something more. It needs to go both ways. You BOTH need to make it clear from the start what your intentions are.

Stop wasting your time, and stop wasting their time.

But she didnt show signs of liking you is my point. She showed those 'signs' to everyone, meaning she likely didnt see you that way.

I dont think its normal to have to reassure your friends every so often that you'll keep being nice but that you dont want to get with them.. :lol:
But she didnt show signs of liking you is my point. She showed those 'signs' to everyone, meaning she likely didnt see you that way.

I dont think its normal to have to reassure your friends every so often that you'll keep being nice but that you dont want to get with them.. :lol:

Agree with this (apart from the rubbish grammar :wink: ) ,

If this is how she naturally behaves to everyone, then she has no obligation to make it clear to you she's not interested until . unless you put yourself out there and ask her on that date. If she did make it clear she wasn't interested to everyone, someone else would accuse her of being "up her own backside".

OP, you would've had a valid point IF this flirty behaviour was directed specifically to you and she was behaving "normally" to everyone else IMHO.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending