La Violencia de Genero IRP Help!!!

Watch this thread
Ali-liyyah
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey guys! I hope you are well. I'm doing my IRP on La Violencia de Genero and I'm REALLY struggling with preparation for it. It's really stressing me out and I'm scared I'm going to fail, as I had a mock in November (on a different topic) and I just froze up during it. I've looked around for some information to inform my presentation, but I haven't had much luck. Can anyone help me please? ASAP if possible. Thanks in advance x
Lzq3R
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
What exam board is this for?
Ali-liyyah
Rep:
AQA x
Smouncher
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I am doing Edexcel so it might be different, but you aren’t meant to do your IRP on something you have studied in class. We study gender violence in class so if it is the same on AQA then maybe change the subject, check the exam board regulations
Lzq3R
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ali-liyyah)
AQA x
Brilliant, I also do AQA! Okay so my best advice is where possible to view the IRP as separate from class work and not really rely on class work too much because you do need extra research.

Have you done research headings? If not, I highly highly recommend doing so because it gives you areas to focus on & can help guide your research.
For example, I’m doing my IRP on how communist the Cuban government actually is so some of my topics include
- the health care system
- a speech by Fidel Castro
- the constitution
(I have 8 in total & for each our teacher made us have at least 1-2 sources we made notes on)

Another thing that’s I’ve been told is that AQA really like it when you take a strongly analytical approach to something and draw conclusions. A fairly common thing to do is phrase your IRP title as ‘to what extent...’ because it forces an analytical approach and ensures you draw conclusions.

Are you focusing on South America or Spain??

Buena suerte x
cactussalad
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
im on edexcel and im doing healthcare in Cuba

I absolutely bombed my mock IRP lol

Im probably going to go down the route of doing a little bit of research then coming up with the headings then doing a bit more research that's more focused.
Lzq3R
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by cactussalad)
im on edexcel and im doing healthcare in Cuba

I absolutely bombed my mock IRP lol

Im probably going to go down the route of doing a little bit of research then coming up with the headings then doing a bit more research that's more focused.
Ooh that sounds really interesting, can I interest you in some sort of research sharing thing given that’s kind of relevant to my topic as well? I’ve got some good links to some stuff on the history of healthcare in Cuba if you want them
cactussalad
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Lzq3R)
Ooh that sounds really interesting, can I interest you in some sort of research sharing thing given that’s kind of relevant to my topic as well? I’ve got some good links to some stuff on the history of healthcare in Cuba if you want them
yes please!!

if I find any good ones ill pm them to you!
Ali-liyyah
Rep:
(Original post by Lzq3R)
Brilliant, I also do AQA! Okay so my best advice is where possible to view the IRP as separate from class work and not really rely on class work too much because you do need extra research.

Have you done research headings? If not, I highly highly recommend doing so because it gives you areas to focus on & can help guide your research.
For example, I’m doing my IRP on how communist the Cuban government actually is so some of my topics include
- the health care system
- a speech by Fidel Castro
- the constitution
(I have 8 in total & for each our teacher made us have at least 1-2 sources we made notes on)

Another thing that’s I’ve been told is that AQA really like it when you take a strongly analytical approach to something and draw conclusions. A fairly common thing to do is phrase your IRP title as ‘to what extent...’ because it forces an analytical approach and ensures you draw conclusions.

Are you focusing on South America or Spain??

Buena suerte x
Hey. I'm looking to focus on Latin America mainly x
Ali-liyyah
Rep:
Does anyone have any info they can share pls? I'm REALLY struggling
Lzq3R
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ali-liyyah)
Hey. I'm looking to focus on Latin America mainly x
I don’t have quite as much stuff on LA as Spain, but nonetheless I’ll share what I do have. I don’t know how useful it all is, but it’s definitely a starting point x

This is slightly outdated, but anything linked to the UN usually comes across really well when you quote it & it has a ton of detail
https://www.cepal.org/es/publicacion...-latina-caribe

I don’t know if you plan on focusing on a few countries in more detail but if you are Nicaragua could be a good case study
(Source:Amnesty international)
https://www.amnesty.org/en/documents/amr43/008/2010/es/

It’s also probably worth looking into how the situation has been affected by covid
(Source: UN women’s committee)
https://lac.unwomen.org/es/digiteca/...nte-a-covid-19

Also here are a few news articles

https://m.dw.com/es/américa-latina-n...ón/a-54005930 (Contains a really useful graph comparing different South American countries)

https://amp.dw.com/es/covid-19-qué-h...ios/a-54356170 (The whole ‘otra pandemia’ quote/idea could be interesting to look at)

I would also recommend looking into abortion rights in cases of domestic abuse, because some countries do allow it and others do not. Also it should be really easy to find because there’s a lot in the news about it with what’s currently going on in Argentina.

Also I would rlly recommend looking into the #MeToo movement in Mexico, especially Mexican media. I did have some links but I can’t find them now, I’ll let you know if I come across them again.

Also a case study on a specific HR activist could be a nice idea, I’m sure you’d be able to find some stuff on that.

I’m afraid that’s all I have, I don’t know how helpful it all is, but I hope some of it is vaguely useful! Good luck!
Ali-liyyah
Rep:
(Original post by Lzq3R)
I don’t have quite as much stuff on LA as Spain, but nonetheless I’ll share what I do have. I don’t know how useful it all is, but it’s definitely a starting point x

This is slightly outdated, but anything linked to the UN usually comes across really well when you quote it & it has a ton of detail
https://www.cepal.org/es/publicacion...-latina-caribe

I don’t know if you plan on focusing on a few countries in more detail but if you are Nicaragua could be a good case study
(Source:Amnesty international)
https://www.amnesty.org/en/documents/amr43/008/2010/es/

It’s also probably worth looking into how the situation has been affected by covid
(Source: UN women’s committee)
https://lac.unwomen.org/es/digiteca/...nte-a-covid-19

Also here are a few news articles

https://m.dw.com/es/américa-latina-n...ón/a-54005930 (Contains a really useful graph comparing different South American countries)

https://amp.dw.com/es/covid-19-qué-h...ios/a-54356170 (The whole ‘otra pandemia’ quote/idea could be interesting to look at)

I would also recommend looking into abortion rights in cases of domestic abuse, because some countries do allow it and others do not. Also it should be really easy to find because there’s a lot in the news about it with what’s currently going on in Argentina.

Also I would rlly recommend looking into the #MeToo movement in Mexico, especially Mexican media. I did have some links but I can’t find them now, I’ll let you know if I come across them again.

Also a case study on a specific HR activist could be a nice idea, I’m sure you’d be able to find some stuff on that.

I’m afraid that’s all I have, I don’t know how helpful it all is, but I hope some of it is vaguely useful! Good luck!
Hey. This is very useful. Thank you! A couple of questions, do I have to have an article for every point I’m making? Also, how do you open the presentation, and what types of headings could I use? I know I definitely want to include the fact that it’s not just women who get abused in relationships, sometimes they are the abuser. I also haven’t solidified my question yet. I know it’s about the topic of La Violencia de género, but what could my actual question be? Thanks in advance
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (109)
68.13%
No (33)
20.63%
I didn't use it to prepare (18)
11.25%

Watched Threads